Would anyone like to have this lot of nylon bead cord?

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by bercrystal, Apr 6, 2021.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I found this amongst the contents of a watchmaker/jeweler's workroom that I purchased some time ago. I have no idea how old it is for real but it was found in a box with a post date of 1979. If it would be of no use to anyone please do tell me because I have no idea. :confused::confused: I gave several pieces a good tug & the pieces seemed still strong BWDIK. :p

Some of the cards are marked C&C Product & Fuller's Product. Most of the cards are marked No. 3 & No. 4 but whether or not the string is original to the card who knows certainly not me. :happy:

Most of the string is white or off-white but there are a few pieces of aqua & light blue. Most have a thin piece of wire at the end.

If more than 1 person wants this lot I will spin the wheel next Monday night around 9:00 PM EST. I will cover First class shipping in the US. If somebody international wants to put their name in we will work out the details between the 2 of us. :happy::happy:

This give away is open to any active member who has been on this site for at least 6 months.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

KSW, Lucille.b, TraceyB and 1 other person like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If no one else needs it, I could be persuaded to mess with it.

TraceyB and bercrystal like this.
  3. bercrystal

@evelyb30 - I was hoping someone who actually did bead restringing would chime in here. At least I now know it is still useable. :happy::happy:

Your name is in the hat. :happy:

TraceyB likes this.
  4. evelyb30

Should be fine. Cotton rots, but nylon is tougher.

TraceyB and bercrystal like this.
  5. bercrystal

@evelyb30 - It looks like you are the only one interested in this bead cord. :happy::happy:

If you PM your shipping info I will get it out to you. :kiss::kiss:

DizzyDaff, TraceyB and komokwa like this.
  6. evelyb30

WOOT! Some loose pearls await!

7. evelyb30

GOT IT! It arrived yesterday and work commenced last night. The pieces are shortish so I'm looking around for a pendant/clasp whatsit that will match the pile of beads I had sitting here.

DizzyDaff, Figtree3 and TraceyB like this.
  8. bercrystal

Well, that was pretty quick for the USPS!! :p:p

I could not tell if they had been partially used or not. I am just glad someone is making good use of them. :happy::happy:

9. evelyb30

I don't think so, but also don't think they were originally all meant for knotted necklaces. That and people had smaller necks. The beading needles are all still attached so odds are they weren't used.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted