Featured Would like your help please!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Bob Heidenreich, May 31, 2020.

1. Bob Heidenreich

Bob Heidenreich New Member

We will be going through the boxes of the “good stuff” from my Mom’s old house in a couple weeks. If I post pictures can you all help us “pitch or keep”? And some value estimates? Thanks!!!! Bob

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Help you decide - yes. Value estimates - Not specifically, but you may get some general thoughts from members familiar with your item. Values are too variable from place to place, by sales venue/method, and how quickly you want to sell.

We'll need good pictures, description should include dimensions and anything at all you "know" about the item and where you got it. Start a separate thread about each item, set or small group of similar things in the Forum that it best fits. If you've got something outside of the forum categories, feel free to place it here.

3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Welcome Bob, we all love to help when we can, don’t hesitate to post your items!:)

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

If you have several glass pieces you can put them in one picture with numbers next to them so we can reference which item we are talking about.
    4-5 like items. Glass in one thread, pottery in another.

Welcome to the board.

5. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Hallmarks/brands and pictures of backs/bottom(if applicable) are often needed

6. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome. Bring on your stuff.

judy likes this.
  7. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

Let's see the goodies!

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  8. Bob Heidenreich

Bob Heidenreich New Member

Good evening everyone! Tore into the boxes today but for the life of me can’t figure out how to pull pic

judy likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Bob Heidenreich, Here's a bit of help for posting on this Antiquers site....you select which Forum you want to post in....the most appropriate for the item/s:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB.... Also, PLEASE before you POST, when the images are loaded, click the VERY TOP IMAGE that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS A FULL IMAGE"....Thanks so much, and have fun!!!! We can't wait!!!!

There are instructions on site here below,on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here's some links to the instructions:

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

AND if you need more help, JUST ASK.....we're happy to help!!!!:):):):happy:

KikoBlueEyes, judy and komokwa like this.
  11. gauntlettgems

Is there a way to take pics from your phone so you don’t have to resize them before posting? Asking for a friend. Lol

KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  12. clutteredcloset49

If you use your phone, I believe you have to email as medium to yourself and save them. Then post from there.

judy and gauntlettgems like this.
  13. gauntlettgems

Oh, so really no too much of a shortcut. I was hoping there was a setting to make them smaller when you took them. What a pain! Ty!!

14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

@Bob Heidenreich - do you have a relative who runs a bed and breakfast in New England?

gauntlettgems and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  15. Aquitaine

@gauntlettgems, what @clutteredcloset49 suggests may be the easiest, I don't know, never tried it that way.....but I use the APP Photoshop EXPRESS (it's FREE) on my Android phone & you can resize there as well then send....just another thought!!

16. clutteredcloset49

@Aquitaine
    Thanks. I don't have one of those fancy phones, so don't know what is available.

17. Aquitaine

So do you have a 'flip phone'...? DH does.....which he barely uses.... I went to add minutes to it....HAHAHA....T-mobile said....and I Quote!! "we don't have that plan anymore"!!!!!!!!! It USED to be MY phone....eons ago.....HE still loves it....but I'M the one who maintains it.....so he's now on a $15./monthly plan....works for him.... because I said so!!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!! SOMEDAY IT'S GONNA DIE.....THEN he'll have to update or skip a phone completely!!! Love him dearly, but he's MY antique!!!!! THERE IS THE "JITTERBUG" out there in either a simple 'flip' or a 'smart' type phone....put out by "GREATCALL"....both take pictures, but since I found T-Mobile has a $15./month plan, it's reasonable enough to check into!!! Just a thought!!!

EDIT: And I just WON'T spend the money on an iPhone......WAAAAAAY too much $$$$ for MY $!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  18. clutteredcloset49

Yep, an old Samsung 3g flip.
    I only charge it when I'm going by myself to the valley or Bay Area. Find it's getting harder to charge and keep a charge. So afraid it's on its way out. Tried to locate a new battery did not have success.
    My plan is only $5.95 a month, which my husband complains about because I don't use it very often. Problem is every time I charge it he calls me and wants to know what I'm doing! ! ! :smuggrin:

gauntlettgems likes this.
  19. Aquitaine

So, when you get a new phone, you might want to make it "stealth"!!:joyful::joyful::joyful: And keep the old one as a 'decoy'...."gee, honey, the battery keeps dying":smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: (after you've cancelled it!!)....we gotta be on our toes!!!!

kyratango and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  20. clutteredcloset49

Don't think it will work that way.
    It's all on a family plan, new phones get charged to the plan differently. At least that is what I have seen when hubby buys a new phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted