WW2 Nazi Flag

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Zachreagles, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zachreagles

Zachreagles New Member

Does anyone have any information on this particular flag, such as what year it is most likely or what type of flag or banner it is. For example if the flag came off a tank or etc... Most importantly I would appreciate everyone’s thoughts on what it could be worth.

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well,, it doesn't look big enough to be a flag

I don't recognize the color scheme....

BUT......

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    24. WWII German Navy Sports Vest Emblem. Black eagle on white half circle woven base. Excellent Condition.

$75.00 + Shipping

Does it come out of the frame...& are there any notations on the rear...?

Yours looks cut down in size.....which would make any value minimal for a collector..........
    but an American Nazi...or White Supremacist skinhead might still pay up for it !!

charlie cheswick and i need help like this.
  4. Zachreagles

Zachreagles New Member

It’s not cut down in size, it’s just folded into the back of the frame and the pictures you sent look like reproductions possibly?

5. Zachreagles

Zachreagles New Member

Thanks lots though, at least now I know what it is.

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

It also makes a big difference if the eagle is facing left or right. Not remembering which yours means, so please look it up, if you are advertising it.
    It may be in Debora’s link, but I haven’t read it all yet.

judy likes this.
  7. komokwa

http://www.gunsandtreasures.com/third-reich/third-reich-armbands-and-pennants.html

http://www.malcolmwagner.co.uk/kriegsmarine-sports-vest-national-emblem-2/

http://www.whartonmilitaria.co.uk/details.php?section=3rdreichbadges_uniforminsignia&item=UFI0001

"and the pictures you sent look like reproductions possibly?"

Oh, right....so yours is the only real one.....& I'm sending you photo's of fakes ...just cuz you don't like the price quoted ! ???

As if....I don't got better things to do with my time here , than hunt down Nazi images !!

Whom ever framed it thought they were being cute ....but folding it can only hurt it's value......

Since you're new to the site....let me say this....we don't jerk around...we give the best info of any site on the NET...to the best of our ability....& we work hard at doing so.......FOR FREE !!

And on a personal note.....I'd burn it.....as I've worked along side GOOD men...who had numbers tattooed into their forearms when they were younger than 19....and not cuz it was COOL !!!

8. komokwa

9. Zachreagles

Zachreagles New Member

First of all, I have no intentions of selling it in the first place. Just because I ask for an estimate of its value doesn’t mean I’m trying to immediately sell it, maybe I’m just curious. So in other words I thought the pictures you sent me may have been reproductions because if you look at their linings, they seem just a little too perfect. Second of all, I think it’s absolutely ridiculous to blame a materialistic item such as a Nazi relic for the chaos and destruction that occurred. And for gods sake just because it was used for a bad cause at one time doesn’t mean it isn’t still a piece of history. No collector I know would burn a damn relic just because it had a Nazi insignia. Might as well get rid of all the Roman coins out there because they crucified people. Oh wait, and maybe any coins from the crusades because that was also for a bad cause as well. Might as well demolish the Roman Colloseum because they had gladiators fight to the death there. Maybe get rid of the palace of Versailles in France because monarchy’s are bad. Get my point??

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

We get artifacts displayed here that have overwhelmingly sensitive topics or depictions at times. They are part of history. We try to handle these things in an adult manner. That being said, this is an open forum for people to speak their opinions if they choose to.
    We all give research and information on our own time for free and if someone has an opinion they are free to say it, as you are.

Sandra, judy and charlie cheswick like this.
  11. Zachreagles

Zachreagles New Member

That being said, my grandma owns a full sized Nazi flag that was liberated off of a Nazi tank in Rhemes, France by my great great uncle and there is a picture of my great great uncle and some other American GIs posing with the flag. My point is, if we destroyed everything that people don’t agree with we would have nothing left. Now, of course I don’t agree with the reprehensible and despicable acts of the Nazis and their counterparts, but I do think it is important to keep these pieces of history in order to better understand our past so that perhaps we as a society never make the same mistake again.

reader and judy like this.
  12. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

I’ve got a German WWII flag around here, Rsn I bought it when I saw it at a gun show in PA was that it had about 50 signatures and associated hometowns of the soldiers on it, in ink. About half the soldiers were American and half Russian, which means the signatures were put on in what, May 1945?

judy likes this.
  13. komokwa

"but I do think it is important to keep these pieces of history in order to better understand our past so that perhaps we as a society never make the same mistake again."

perhaps not....isn't that someone wearing the same image you've collected...

zzzzzzznazi.jpg

oh look...must be more collectors.......

. upload_2018-8-3_3-12-53.png

It's not the image.....
    it's the philosophy that it represents......when it's being trotted out in public all over again...........even by the vocal few !

Attached Files:

14. komokwa

Members of your family...& we thank them for their service.....fought for your right to collect what you will......but that flag...& the photo's that go with it ...that's the history of a family & a Nation....fighting against those symbols.....& were not collected at a yard sale !

15. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

There are still many people still alive that have very painful memories of the nazi regime, some family members of the 6 million jews that were murdered are still living with the agony of what happened to their loved ones .. it may be collectible history to you but to others it causes great pain ... Joy.. :(