WWII German Army Album: Wehrdienst Ehrendienst

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by rickkeller, Aug 13, 2020.

1. rickkeller

rickkeller Member

I have a box of WWII memorabilia from my Grandfather and he collected a lot of German army items while in country. He had german armbands, medals, etc, but also had items like this book "Wehrdienst Ehrendienst" which was an album given to the German army at the start of the war.

I am going to sell some items like this book that I don't think he would have treasured as something important to him.

Does anyone know if I could sell this on eBay? I looked at the eBay rules on German memorabilia and it seems that you can sell books that have Swastika on them as long as they aren't from certain authors or certain titles. But I have also heard that they always get blocked

Untitled.png
    IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3115.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Even if eBay doesn't block the listing via its software algorithm, any user can report your listing to have it removed if they are offended, or feel it is a violation. It would be up to the discretion of eBay to remove it at that point.

You could always try to list it and see if either of these events occurs. You'll only get a reprimand from eBay if it is deemed to be inappropriate.

Fid and i need help like this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

problem with these is that there were millions around and millions thrown away at the end of the war.
    value depends on the unit and - if mentioned at all- to whom it belonged.
    the Kavallerie=Regiment 14 was split up and spread in 1938, so not interesting.

sabre123 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted