Featured Yalos casa murano shell bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Apr 26, 2022.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I picked this up at my local thrift shop. I thought it was metal by how light weight and sounded like metal until I saw the base. I figured it was something you could by at home goods or something like that (which you still might be able to) but figured it was nicely done. So after doing a little research I found a yalos casa shell murano centerpiece bowl. Is that what this is? Thank you for any info.

20220426_162254.jpg 20220426_162306.jpg 20220426_162327.jpg 20220426_162353.jpg

2. JUSTIN JAMES

JUSTIN JAMES The Curios Agency

Not an expert but it sure looks like one to me.

Nice find.

rink28, Houseful, judy and 1 other person like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That's beautiful! Is there actually a shell that looks like this?

rink28, Houseful, judy and 1 other person like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

That is a beauty.

rink28, Houseful and judy like this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    rink28, Houseful and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Holy Moley ! Thats a damn expensive sink !

rink28, Houseful and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! Yeah never thought it was a sink but that's it! Thank you again.

Born2it and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. Barry Stephen

Barry Stephen Active Member

primarily these are huge decorative murano glass bowls which seem to have been around for some time. They are often irridescent and stunning. See the Yalos murano website for current designs. I guess some smart person decided they could also be making them as sinks. By coincidence I have just picked one up yesterday but possibly a vintage design as I haven't been able to find out the design name yet. Apologies for the rubbish photo but as its so huge I've had to stick it on top of a dusty cabinet out of the way for now. I understand that the shell design you have is relatively recent and still being made....amazing what we can find in thrift shops... IMG_20220525_221249089s.jpg

Born2it, LauraGarnet02 and rink28 like this.
  10. Barry Stephen

Barry Stephen Active Member

just looked at your photos, is yours signed ? mine says 'Yalos' with 'murano' underneath...

LauraGarnet02 and rink28 like this.
  11. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Hello no I didn't notice a signature on mine. I sold mine last week. When I was searching mine I didn't notice your pattern so yeah yours could be more vintage than mine was.

LauraGarnet02 and Barry Stephen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted