YARD SALE FIND TODAY - 1936 HITLER'S 'MEIN KAMPF'

Discussion in 'Books' started by journeymagazine, Sep 29, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this great condition 1936 Mein Kampf book bt Hitler in a box of books I bought at a yard sale today (the books + three 45rpm cases full of records - all for $40!).
    A few questions: I read this is a "Nazi copy" in a listing I found (it is written in German) - is that what it's called?
    It is all in german - except it says Printed in Germany in English!! Why?
    And right above the date theye is something written in red ink - it looks like it may say 2 1/2 million copies sold (or printed) but when I put it in Google translate none of the words changed into anything. What does it say & why is it in red?
    Finally, I found out that there were 2 volumes & 1936 was the first year that they were combined into one book - true?
    How valuable is this copy? I saw some sold on eBay for $50 - $100 (not a 1936 copy), but the one 1936 I found for sale was for over $300 (but it was book store type listing I think)
    Thanks for any info; I appreciate the help.

COLLECTIBLE BOOK MEIN KAMPF 1AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE BOOK MEIN KAMPF 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE BOOK MEIN KAMPF 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE BOOK MEIN KAMPF 4AAz.JPG COLLECTIBLE BOOK MEIN KAMPF 4AAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE BOOK MEIN KAMPF 5AA.JPG

PS - THESE ARE A STACK OF BOOKS THAT WAS ALSO IN THE BOX - LOOKS LIKE STORIES FROM KIPLING? (I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A JUNGLE BOOK VOL. 1 & 2?)

COLLECTIBLE BOOK A GROUP ANTIQUE COLLECTION 1AA.JPG

scoutshouse and Rayo56 like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Yes, those are stories by Rudyard Kipling. After all, that's what it says on the spines. ;)

I have an opinion on the other book and what you should do with it, but I think I might cross a line or 2 if I typed it out here. :muted:

Jivvy, komokwa, Aquitaine and 7 others like this.
  3. McAdder

McAdder Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about price, I do not see any value in it. The red text says anniversary edition 2 1/2 Million books. (would guess printed of this edition, overall there were many more printed.) The first Edition in one book was 1930, in 1933 alone over 1mill books were printed, by 1936 it was already given away as Wedding present by the state. See https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mein_Kampf

scoutshouse and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Yeah, tough call.......... destroy history because it was a horrible time so people won't learn of it or preserve history because it was a horrible time so people can learn from it??

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Remember what happened to Eric Cartman ..be careful!

komokwa, scoutshouse and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im with Bakers. I personally wouldnt want it to end up in the hands of some deranged idiot who uses it to inspire some act of madness.Yes,theres a million copies out there,but we are talking about this copy.Love the Kipling's.

7. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Who's Eric cartman?

scoutshouse likes this.
  8. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

South Park

scoutshouse likes this.
  9. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I got around $15 for my 1933 English version.
    If you take the time to read it, he actually tells you what he was going to do.

scoutshouse likes this.
  10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Never watched it - although my daughter did religiously when she was a teen - something about a talking turd was just not on my watch list!

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Mr Hankey...was the very least weird and disturbing character on the show...:eek::eek:

upload_2019-9-30_0-25-28.jpeg

I mean...after all he 'was' a Christmas poo !!!!

pearlsnblume, Rayo56 and blooey like this.
  12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

New Yorker, early '30s
    cartoon New Yorker Early '30s Hitler Kampf Houghton Mifflin.jpg

13. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Put it on ebay last night for $300obo - I had 4 offers & accepted $280 today - did not expect that!
    Thanks all

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no one here said that there 'wasn't' a market for a good copy....
    nice sale !!!!:happy:

Ghopper1924 and Christmasjoy like this.
  15. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

16. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

NOT something I'd have bought. Burned maybe. OTOH those who don't learn from history and all that, so some copies do need to be preserved.

Christmasjoy and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted