Featured Yard sale rings!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by coreya, Jan 26, 2018.

1. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Hit up a couple of sales today and picked up these 3 rings at one sale. 2 are sterling (ones with black & blue stones) and the third is marked PLAT TACORI ( the R&I is hard to see) and has "Team Winter 4/20/07 MJ" engraved inside. Have no idea what that may stand for. Has a good weight to it so I think I didn't do to bad for 20 bucks. The ring with the green stone is marked ITALY UTC and .925 The one with the black stone has what looks like MEXICO over .925 over a wing? Sorry that the pics aren't better but my micro camera is acting strange.

101_0745-1.jpg 101_0746-1 (2).jpg 101_0747-1 (2).jpg 101_0748-1 (2).jpg 101_0749-1 (2).jpg 101_0751-1 (2).jpg Fri Jan 26 13-02-41.jpg Fri Jan 26 13-23-38.jpg

2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The bottom 2 photos look like the ring was stretched for sizing and has numerous cracks.

3. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

The bottom two were taken with the micro camera which is acting strange and giving results that are not that good but wanted to show the marks. no cracks but lots of scratches!

cxgirl, KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That's what I thought, scratches. Well worn, well loved.
    The turquoise stone could be glass, could we see more pictures?
    I think $20 is fine for these three.

KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That band ring is marked for PLATINUM and the manufacturer is Tacori. If it's real, and I don't think anyone fakes Tacori, you hit a home run! I did some digging and that's most likely the real deal; I found the same one new retailing for over $3000. The other two are nice gent's rings.

6. Any Jewelry

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

could that say T.Sam Winter....

KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Have the "Tacori" ring tested,their rings are stamped and not the poorly "engraved" names your photos show.

9. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

It tests for platinum so I'm a happy camper. This ring is very worn but at over 1/2 ounce not complaining.
    It definitely says Team Winter
    Do you have a link to the one you found?

10. evelyb30

KingofThings and coreya like this.
  11. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

here are some more photos for Any Jewelery, btw the blue stone sounds like stone when tapped but is very smooth and not cold at all. ?????

101_0753.JPG 101_0754.JPG 101_0755.JPG 101_0756.JPG 101_0757.JPG 101_0758.JPG 101_0759.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  12. evelyb30

The blue stone doesn't really look like stone at all. It might even be resin.

KingofThings and antidiem like this.
  13. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Looks like glass to me :)

KingofThings likes this.
  14. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Yes I would bet glass or resin to, well 1 out of 3 isn't bad and I bought all three to get the one platinum one :cigar::cigar:

KingofThings likes this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

smart move.......

KingofThings likes this.
  16. evelyb30

The platinum one is kind of beat up; it looks like it was found with a metal detector. I wonder if someone lost it.

KingofThings likes this.
  17. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

I believe that it belonged to a deceased relative of the person who was putting on the sale. It looks better in person than those close up shots (sort of like real life LOL) but at just over 1/2 ounce of platinum for 20 dollars I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.:cigar::cigar:

komokwa, cxgirl, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  18. evelyb30

And Mr Refinery Guy won't care about wear and tear.

19. Any Jewelry

Thanks. The blue stone is glass, but who cares, you already have platinum.:)

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

OMG, yard sale platinum!!!! Maybe Tacori could refurbish it.....

Draft saved Draft deleted