Yellow decorated plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Jun 26, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning looking for a plate stand and found a couple on top of my mom's china cabinet. Also, I found this yellow decorated plate with 20 years of dust collected on it. I wiped it off with Clorox wash wipe and discovered it has a lot of decorations on it. I would not be surprised if its depression glass because my mom used to collect that and had a depression booklet with her that she used to price depression glass and this booklet used to get updated yearly but I think the author may have passed away and the booklet stopped being published and my mom went to lots of auctions etc. back in the 1990s and 2000s. I think she liked Indiana depression glass because she was born in Indianapolis, IN. She found out later that there were 2 other types. Maybe Hocking and American Prescut but I am only guessing. Anyways, the plate is 11 1/8" top diameter, 8 1/4" bottom diameter and 5/16" height. I would like to find out who made this and its name. Thank you for the help on this matter. Rob
    IMG_8825small.JPG IMG_8826small.JPG IMG_8828small.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and Sandra like this.
  3. rknarr2

Christmasjoy, judy and i need help like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Yes, it's Federal but I don't why the link doesn't list the pattern. Federal's name for this pattern was Spoke but it is usually called Patrician.
    Don

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

It’s very pretty. :) Check back, someone may know the pattern. Typed as Don was typing. :hilarious:

Christmasjoy, judy and dgbjwc like this.
  6. rknarr2

Thank you. Rob

7. rknarr2

Thank you. It happened to me on an online listing. I was asked a question and I was pushing the send button on my reply and the listing got Buy It Now button pushed by someone else. Rob

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  8. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I double checked my books, Don has the name attribution backwards. Patrician is the name given by Federal, Spoke is the name collectors gave it until the OMN was determined.

9. rknarr2

Thank you for double checking and for the help. Rob

Christmasjoy, judy and i need help like this.
  10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

You know I thought it was strange when I read it. It makes much more sense that Spoke would be the collector name and Patrician the factory name. I used Luckey and Burris's Depression Era Glassware Book. It posts nice large line drawings of the patterns. I now know not to trust the text. Thanks for having my back!
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted