Featured Yellow tray with insert for turtle salt and pepper shakers and two turtle jars

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Mar 10, 2022.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a yellow tray with inserts for turtle salt and pepper shakers and two turtle jars.
    Blue and white Made in Japan oval sticker on the backs. The salt and pepper shakers dimensions are each about 2" top dia. x 1" bottom dia. x 2" talls and the two jars dimensions are each roughly 2 5/8" top dia. x 2 1/2" bottom dia. x 13/4" without top or 2 7/8" with top. The oval yellow tray is nearly 7 1/2" length side x 6 1/8 width side x 3/4" tall. I would like to request some assistance on what this set is called, what the 2 turtle jars with plastic spoons would have been used for, what decade this is from and a price? Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    DSC05287small.JPG DSC05297small.JPG IMG_4751small.JPG IMG_4747small.JPG IMG_4722small.JPG IMG_4723small.JPG

2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

3. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

cxgirl, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That looks so familiar. Wonder if it didn't come out of a Lillian Vernon catalog.

Debora

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

you are very welcome Rob:)

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

It would have definitely fit into the line of stuff they sold.

Debora likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I used to like perusing the Lillian Vernon catalog. Even bought a few things. I still have a little set of tiny knives for spreads (jams, cheese, butter, etc.). Since I rarely used it for many years, they are still in good condition.

@rknarr2 , I love your current avatar (gray kitten on a gray corner bench, it seems).

bercrystal likes this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Your set reminds me of one I sold in hammered aluminum. Not the same other than they both used those plastic spoons. The aluminum one was called a breakfast set and the two jars were intended for jam/jelly. Salt and pepper was for your eggs. It really could be anything you'd like but it looks cheery for the AM meal. If it had been used with mustard, the spoon would likely be stained yellow. Probably the same for ketchup, red stains.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted