Yellow ware Large 12" mixing bowl Stamp on bottom? Date?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by S Glanz, Sep 8, 2021.

1. S Glanz

S Glanz New Member

IMG_4780 copy.jpg IMG_4781 copy.jpg IMG_4783 copy.jpg IMG_4786 copy.jpg IMG_4780 copy.jpg I have a yellow ware mixing bowl large 12" diameter and 6" tall, it has 2 blue accent bands and those bands have two smaller white bands above and below the larger blue bands. The rim is rounded not flat. There are two small chips on rim. It has a marking/stamp on the bottom (which I understand is rarer to find a marking), the marking/stamp/hallmark looks like 2 vertical lines with with horizontal line over the top of those. Can anyone tell me who made this from the stamp on the bottom? and can anyone tell me the approximate year it would have been made. I'd also love to know if it has solid value but understand if you can't estimate the value.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2021
  2. crowleys

crowleys Well-Known Member

I can't offer much help, but the mark on the bottom is "11" - the inside diameter of the bowl. I think it dates to the 1930s-40s. Condition will affect value.

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

judy and S Glanz like this.
  4. S Glanz

S Glanz New Member

Thank you both, I am happy with the information you provided and to understand the mark under it, the age and the manufacturer.

judy likes this.
  5. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

The example cited on Worthpoint website sold for $25.00 in 2015 in case you are interested.

judy and dgbjwc like this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I'd say it's about the same value now.

judy likes this.
  7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

stoneware dough bowls still made and in everyday use.

judy and Boland like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted