Zebra Ornament

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Whittles308, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Whittles308

Whittles308 Member

Today I was dropping off some stuff at the donate center of our church which is also a thrift store, and usually I avoid going in at all cost because I always buy something. Anyways, my toddler had to potty so we went in and I was gossiping with the lady when my daughter spotted this and refused to leave without it. It was only $1 so I didn't feel guilty buying it, of course, now I'm nosey about it and started googling but haven't been able to pin anything down. There are no marks on the box or the zebra. I think it's resin... image.jpeg image.jpeg And in the words of every antique newbie...the box looks really old LOL!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It isn't at all old of course, but if it makes a toddler happy, it's priceless!(LOL) I can see why she or he liked it; it's pretty. I'm guessing 1980s or 1990s Chinese resin.

Christmasjoy, judy and Whittles308 like this.
  3. Whittles308

Whittles308 Member

Thank you! Since I posted this she has already managed to break the bottom pole part off so thank goodness it wasn't some crazy treasure LOL!

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. Whittles308

Whittles308 Member

And yes, she loves anything with an animal, double bonus if it sparkles or has glitter! Sadly she was so in love with it I likely would have bought it at any price!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Thankfully it wasn't glass.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Whittles308

Whittles308 Member

Yes! All my ornaments now are fake until she gets a bit older!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

She's got the "bug" now! :hilarious:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

How did this from 2016 get on here?

Draft saved Draft deleted