Zhongshan Dynasty Artifacts

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by EverydayShaman, Oct 7, 2018.

1. EverydayShaman

EverydayShaman New Member

Hello all,
    I’ve acquired some artifacts that I believe originated during the Zhongshan Dynasty of China.

I’ve had these items examined and tested by emeritus professors at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. The elements present in 3 of the 5 items compose Nephrite Jade. The other two are an Onyx/Jasper material. The items do not appear to be machine formed due to the carving imperfections noticed under examination.

I acquired these items from a small antiques shop. Previously, they had all been in the collection of a single individual. His family sold them to the shop after his passing.

Can anyone shed light on these artifacts? I understand it’s difficult to do from photos only.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Give us a few pictures of each, one at a time, with dimensions. So far the only one I’d bend over to pick up if it was on the ground and free is the bird- like one with detailed carving. Not sure what info you want, lots of beginners who come here want to know what stuff is worth. The most-often-used answer they get is “It is worth what you paid for it.”

Look at “jade” carvings offered on Eboo and note asking prices, if you can find any as plain as yours you should also see “nominal” asking prices.

i need help, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you may have the composition right.....but the age of carving....????

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers. :)

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

I always try to learn a little about unfamiliar things that pop up here, so thought I’d look up Zhongshan Dynasty. If there was a Chinese dynasty so-named, my friend Mr. Google, hasn’t heard of it. Can you explain?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Zhongshan 中山 was a regional state of the Zhou period 周 (11th. cent.-221 BC). It was not one of the Chinese states of the ancient system of regional states of the Zhou dynasty but a native, semi-"barbarian" state in the mountain area between the modern provinces of Hebei and Shanxi.

Whatever the hell that means ??????:wacky::wacky:

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted