Featured Zsolnay pecs Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by MarcusE, Mar 26, 2020.

1. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

When my mother passed recently, my siblings and I inherited a rather large house of of antiques. I decided to share on this site to learn more about them. As near as I can figure, this is a Zsolnay Pecs circa 1880-1910. Maybe I shouldn't use the word antiques as it may offend so lets just say vintage items. vase zsolnay.jpg vase zsolnay.jpg Vase zoom.jpg

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Nice piece, and if you have the date right, definitely an antique! If you show a pic of the full base with all the marks, that could help date it more precisely.

3. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

zsolnay 3.jpg

aaroncab likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

vintage is more off putting than antique..........:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

5. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

oops haha

komokwa likes this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

7. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

8. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

9. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

10. MarcusE

MarcusE Active Member

That is in the ball park. I thought 1880s by appearance but I am sure some one can tell me the year by the markings.

Draft saved Draft deleted