Featured 13" Rolled Rim Console Bowl with Pontil

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Flashback, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

One of the mysteries I've had hanging around, longing for a name. It was in the brass stand when I acquired it, although I question whether that is as original. It has a beautiful ring when flicked, and the glass bowl itself weighs just shy of 3-1/2" lbs.

Might anyone have thoughts on the maker?

IMG_3428.JPG IMG_3433.JPG IMG_3436.JPG IMG_3435.JPG

ascot, Boland, lovewrens and 8 others like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NOPE, BUT Awfully Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing: And WELCOME!!!!

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Table centrepiece, for fruit or flowers? More knowledgeable people will be along.

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Beautiful bowl and stand! Can you provide measurements please?

I think your bowl would fit into the brass base of my bowl. I bought it at an on line auction and no measurements were provided. I thought it was a lot smaller. I'm not keeping it. Sorry for the clutter and dust in the photo. It will be cleaned in there real soon (at least by Thanksgiving). But as you can see, it's a center bowl for a floral /fruit / seasonal greens arrangement. So I agree with AJ. Yours is a lot prettier than mine.

I would use it as a centerpiece on a buffet. At the holidays it could be just gorgeous. I would be tempted to take it to a florist and have it decorated there. Of course with instructions to in no way hurt or scratch the bowl.

DSCF8630.jpeg

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think thats a marriage. The bowl looks like depression era fancy glass ,the stand seems newer.They look smashing together nonetheless.

6. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Wow very pretty. Now that’s a marriage that works.

Aquitaine and Flashback like this.
  7. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

Yeah, I've always speculated they didn't start out together, but agree, they look lovely together nonetheless.
    @ola402 the base of the bowl is about 7-1/2" in diameter, while the rim is right at 13".

Aquitaine likes this.
  8. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

And the brass stand is about 9" high to the rim, with an outer diameter of 9-1/2".

Draft saved Draft deleted