Featured 2 Huge Estate sales For You to Peruse!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by patd8643, Feb 20, 2020.

1. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Well those ladies sure knew how to spend their dollars:)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

More money than taste.

Debora

4. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Honestly I like sale #1 much more than the other one. At least there would be a few items of interest for me there. Lots of junk for sure but plenty of bread and butter antiques and collectables.

5. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Sale one for sure.That peacock floor lamp is awesome!!

6. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links. Like sale one ,lot of stuff to go through.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I like sale #2 better. But I wonder about the situation there. Did 2 people just up and die together? Or will they furnish all new in their downsized condo? I mean, it's the complete house, contents, and even clothing. What gives? I always want to know the back story, even though it's none of my business. :) Unless they have so much stuff that this is the leftovers, lol!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  8. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

It gives me an idea .."Hey, I'll just pretend I kicked the bucket just so people will come and buy my "stuff", then I'll move back in !!! It begs that question "When is a "Collection" just an accumulation ??? I think most of us have asked ourselves that at one time !!!

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  9. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Wow, some really nice items in that first auction. Would likely do much better sending a lot of it to a good cataloged auction to reach buyers for many of those items.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Joe, you are probably right, but this is a well known auction house that also does estate sales. Folks who want something from the estate hire people here to go buy for them and the buyer arranges shipping. Our DS has done that on a few items he wanted from another city. A friend buys for several collectors. He keeps them aware of what is coming on the market.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Hi Pat, that sounds like a great arrangement. Wish I was nearby, would love to walk through there! Most of the estate sales in my area tend to be mostly household goods, with the relatives picking out the good stuff before it starts (which is fine).

Draft saved Draft deleted