Featured 2 modern glass decanters and a pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Feb 12, 2023.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I used to have these, but never ID'd them. I thought they were very nicely made and wish I still had them. Maybe someone can ID them now, so I'll feel even worse that I don't have them anymore. Descriptions are what I wrote at the time.

The thin stem on which the main body sits and the stem-like extension on the stopper give the decanter an entertaining and unusual appearance. It stands 14 ½” high to the top of the stopper, and 11 5/8” to the top of the main body. The spherical body is 4 ½” at its widest. The top rim of the decanter has been ground smooth and flat.
    1 - Elegant Clear Art Glass Ball Large Decanter with Delicate Stopper.jpg

It stands 15 ½” to the top of its stopper. The main body is 12 ½” high and 5 ½” at its widest. The honey-amber circular foot and ball stem make the clear glass body really look as though it is precariously balanced - of course it is very secure. The stopper is large and heavy – accounting for almost 1/3 of the weight of the whole piece.
    1 - Clear and Amber Decanter.jpg

A large clear glass pitcher with applied green handle and foot. The treatment of the amphora-like body is a wide panel optic. By my count there are 10 panels around its inside. Around the neck, there are 9 hand cut panels on the exterior. They do not encircle the neck entirely, but extend about 2/3 of the way around. The gap in that decoration centers on the handle. There is a circular, smoothly polished pontil mark. This isn’t in front of me at the moment. As I recall, it is about 10” tall.
    1 - Elegant Clear Glass Internal Paneled Pitcher Jug Decanter Faceted Neck Applied Green Handle.jpg

2. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

OP: Don't give it another thought. Pretty, but really Woolworth's dreck.;):hurting::sorry:

:playful::playful::playful:

bercrystal and moreotherstuff like this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

What a relief!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

the decanters look like scandinavian / danish moderne to me - kastrup jacob - jacob bang - holmegaard

bercrystal and moreotherstuff like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looking at Katsrup, Jacob Bang did pieces with prominent stoppers, and I did see a martini glass with a ball stem, but it didn't really give the impression of the bowl balancing on top of the sphere. Still, Scandinavian is certainly a way to look.

I did see some Katsrup glasses with conical stems, which brought to mind these glasses that I have also never identified:
    1 - Amber Honey Pyramid Cone MCM Glass Stems-a.JPG

bercrystal, Any Jewelry and Rclinftl like this.
  6. finders

finders Member

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

still relived....????:eek:

moreotherstuff likes this.
  8. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

I always think of quartrefoil when I think of Lobmeyer - although well before MCM the work is always very moderne - good work finders and welcome

moreotherstuff likes this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Draft saved Draft deleted