Featured 3000+ rolls of undeveloped film... many 1970s rock'n'rollers

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by bluumz, Mar 22, 2022.

1. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

2. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Fascinating, to me at least. I grew up as a kid going to some of the free concerts on the Cambridge Common that are mentioned, and Master Blaster was one of the names always being talked about on WBCN, the radio we all listened to. Never knew anything about him until reading this article, though. Thanks!

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I just processed a roll of exposed film that old. The results were not good, though I could coax a few recognizable images. The problem is that the film is not inert: the chemical reactions continue. Over the course of fifty years, who knows what's left.

I'd like to see what a real technician with an in-depth understanding of the chemistry could get out of them.

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

This is so interesting. I saw a program on PBS where another photographer said he had rolls and rolls of film he never processed. He also took many pics of famous rockers.

bluumz likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!!!! IF salvageable, I bet he's got a "few" bucks there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT story though! Thanks for sharing, @bluumz !!!!!​

bluumz and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id love to see some of those pics ! What a cool story.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. Colinloves

Colinloves New Member

My god, that will take a few years.
    I love developing B&W film, but I;ll pass on that job. :p

Born2it and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've processed film before, but no way would I touch that. You'd need a real archivalist and crossed fingers.

9. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Amazing, but sad in a way , probably much of that may be bad I would think.... hopefully not !

Draft saved Draft deleted