7 GENERATIONS OF ANTIQUES (!!!) IN A New Hampshire HOUSE- TONS OF

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Aquitaine, May 19, 2024.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

GOODIES!!! There is SO MUCH here I wouldn't mind bidding on, but I'm past adding anything, so I just LOOK.......and LOVE to look!!!!! May 22 - THREE days from tonight!!

https://www.auctionninja.com/mcinni...8.html?sort=&name=&lotno=&view=40&show=#items

A sampling to check out below!!! BUT there's also furniture, lots of glassware, lots of small figurines.......and whatever you could think of, but I tried to pick what I remember some members here like & collect!!!

BEADED-CHAIN MAIL PURSES.jpg

DOLL BEDS.jpg

DOLL HOUSE FURNISHING.jpg

DOLLS.jpg

GLASS INKWELLS- PAPERWEIGHTS.jpg

GROUPING INKWELLS.jpg

SHOEING THE BAY MARE.jpg

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Very nice collection of items. I'd be a player on the inkwell lot with the fountain pens

3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

that print always reminds me of that wonderful sopranos scene

just the mixture of animals ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

sabre123, pearlsnblume and laura9797 like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

@Ownedbybear would grab the purses. I like them but wouldn't get in her way!

5. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

I like the CDV of the Mummy and the Boot.

pearlsnblume and laura9797 like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

were'd all my money go...?

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those bags are cheeeeep. I’d also be after the dolls house stuffs.

8. evelyb30

On day three maybe. When it gets closer to the end American auction prices tend to shoot up. Unless nobody's looking that day, in which case...bingo.

One jewlery lot, or listed as jewelry anyway, has a WWI medal sitting in the box. There's also a bracelet that looks like real gold with a heart dangle. Might just be gold-filled, but the links are soldered shut.

https://www.auctionninja.com/mcinni...e-jewelry-and-interesting-curios-1083469.html

9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Prices go to the moon in the last hours on Auction Ninja. Almost worse than Ebay.

At least from what I've seen at local Antique Ninja auctions. Jewelry selling for quite a bit more than it would on Ebay, plus "buyer's premium" and tax.

And everything AS IS, no refunds or returns.

Last edited: May 24, 2024
  10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

This does look like a super fun auction.

I had kind of a disappointing Auction Ninja auction experience two weeks ago. I suppose depends on who is running the auction as to how responsive they are, but around here everything is "AS IS" and you can't easily ask for more photos or specifics.

There was a local auction, hardly had any jewelry. But deep into the photos I spotted a potentially very good item. A Trifari invisibly bracelet and earrings set. I sold a pin in this style for $1300 last fall, so it was on my radar. The auction photo showed the earrings (missing one stone) and signature on the earrings only, but had a really crappy single photo of the bracelet, not showing any signature, and said it was "5" around which made no sense. They are very specific about "asking questions first as there are no returns" so I wrote the auction runner and asked if that 5" size might have been a typo for the bracelet. Wondered if it had been sized down. I had to ask repeatedly, and finally they got back to me and said, "no it's 7". All week it sat at $35.

I'm reluctant to bid a lot of money on something I cannot view in person when you can't get full info, and positively no returns. I even wondered if the earring (which was missing one stone) had been altered to fix the bracelet at one time, or if the bracelet had any damage. It's a mix between not wanting to alert the auction house to a valuable item and finding out valid info. It was like pulling teeth to get the answer on the bracelet size. You never know whether the auction runners might have "friends" who can maybe go in and look at an item or two, so you are possibly competing against someone who has actually held the item. If I knew that bracelet was in 100% perfect condition I might have bid up to $400 or even more. There is one is on Ebay right now (unsold, but asking over $2K).

But something as small as a "missing prong" can impact value, never mind a tiny chip on one stone. Based on the one crappy photo, I bid up to $160, my competitor got it for $165.

Frustrating. But I decided, not knowing the condition that was my top bid. It bothered me for a few days, though!

komokwa likes this.
  11. evelyb30

As is and then you can't see the "as is" has to keep bids down. It's a wonder they haven't figured that out. It's scared me off of bidding on the site more than once too. If they're too dumb to post decent photos, Lord alone knows what else they'll pull.

Draft saved Draft deleted