Featured A Box and...more necklaces. CHINA marked brooch x

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Jun 11, 2020.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Again,this is sadly damaged but has a place here with me <3
    It's an inch and a half,looks like silver (but again WDIK xx) and is marked CHINA on the back xx

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I LOVE these sort of necklaces...this one's clasp is unmarked, looks like brass
    It's 18 inches
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coral branches? ( 16 ish inches)
    Clasp looks to be brass
    [​IMG]

I have a WEAKNESS for silver bangles, I didn't know I even had these. Well on some level I must have but have totally forgotten em
    ONE IS A SNAKE I LOVE IT!
    I have wimpy wrists and everything falls off my hands,dammit.
    Wish the rest of me was so wimpy
    [​IMG]

I haven't tested this yet but smells Bakelity hopefully. It's approx 26 inches...the clasp has no markings. Heavy and clunky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

judy, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Pity about the damage, but I love it, I would keep it too. And yes, silver, ca 1930.
    Yes.:)
    Agree, they usually are.:)
    Snake!:happy: I always bid on snake bangles, but so do others, so they don't always make their way to me.

3. BoudiccaJones

AJ..that is a DISGRACE. YOU should have all the snake bangles you desire.<3
    Thank you again! I love my little treasures ( believe it or not :O )

(edited to ask...what do you think the *stone* is made of in my China brooch, lovely AJ? Thank you xx )

judy, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

It is carnelian. The Chinese love carnelian almost as much as they love jade.:)

judy, BoudiccaJones and kyratango like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Thank you sweet Bou.:kiss: That's the first time someone agrees with me on snake bangles! I love them.:happy:
    Most snake bangles can be adjusted.:)

judy, BoudiccaJones and kyratango like this.
  6. BoudiccaJones

Wonderful,thank you again xxx

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. BoudiccaJones

I didn't even think of that :O I love silver, I love bangles,I love silver snakey bangles!
    Queen Victoria's wedding *** actually it was her engagement*** ring was a snake & I so want one like it AJ <3

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  8. Any Jewelry

And it was a beauty:

[​IMG]

I have a few snake rings, including ones with tiny diamonds and rubies. Not like Victoria's though.;)

judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
  9. BoudiccaJones

I AM DROWNING IN MY OWN DROOL

I love snakes as a symbol...I have an upper arm bracelet snakey shape somewhere sssssssss
    I'd love a ring with a snake with any stones. Not fussy. Oh no not me. ANY snakey ring gratefully received into The Hoarditorium :)

10. Any Jewelry

My gold snake rings. The centre one and the one on the left are antique. Guess which one I wear most.:happy:

upload_2020-6-11_16-12-4.jpeg

judy, johnnycb09 and BoudiccaJones like this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I love snakes. They feel wonderful: I've a photo somewhere of me with a python wrapped round me.

Your coral necklace looks 1920s or 30s, very like the old one I was given as a baby. It was tradition for girl babies to be given a cross and chain and a coral necklace.

Glass beads look Czech and I'm wondering if your bakelite is amber.

judy, Any Jewelry and BoudiccaJones like this.
  12. BoudiccaJones

OH GOODNESSSSS...SNAKEY GOODNESSSSS...oh dam.TOO LOVELY AJ
    Thank you,thank you for showing me. I love ALL of them,but the one on my left ( I NEVER get this right...I hope that's side I mean ... the intertwined one. )

I may now just die from too much gold gemmy snakey jewels goodness <3

13. BoudiccaJones

Lovely,thank you Mrs. B...got another coral one here too, it's in a bag so may be broken. I haven't taken it out yet...I have a few more necklaces which could be bakelite or amber ( or nothing) so I'll wait til I find my blacklight.
    Really really appreciate the help,now and always...love sparkles and boxes and...<3

14. Any Jewelry

You got it right!:happy: That is the oldest one, rose gold with an old cut diamond in its head and tiny ruby eyes. It 'feels' very sweet. I don't know if you 'feel' jewellery that way?

15. BoudiccaJones

I absolutely DO feel it that way AJ...it *speaks* to me. I feel the vibrations or something...I don't know what it is but I can sort of read it .
    ( And I am reading your snakey jewels and they are saying **we are too delicious to be true ** :) :) )

16. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The orange beads look like carnelian/cornelian to me, with glass in between.

Me too. I've had to have bracelets shortened & have acquired some good watches for little money on eBay because the straps/bracelets were smaller than average. One time I tried on a watch in a shop, decided I didn't like it, had trouble getting the clasp open again. It was OK, I just slipped it off over my hand.

judy, BoudiccaJones and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. BoudiccaJones

I wish the rest of me was like my wrist n anks...unfortunately it's not. Got small feets too Cuz, do you?
    Carnelian! Thanks, Cuz feels like stone not glass but we all know how much I know :O

judy and Bronwen like this.
  18. BoudiccaJones

AJ also I've been thinking about this....I only bring some things home honest (lol) and the ones I don't want I sell....I do cherry pick so I only really have things I love, some speak and some don't xx

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    judy, Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  19. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Think my feet are on the small side for my height & I wear a narrow in dress shoes. I have ludicrously narrow shoulders. Once, going through airport security, the TSA agent, after I exited the metal detector, said, I just have to check your shoulders (this was a new one on me). I protested, I don't have any shoulders! She said, I can feel that. I'm definitely what you'd call fine boned. If I don't like my weight, I can't blame it on my skeleton.

20. BoudiccaJones

I'd LOVE to be fine boned. I have small feets...small anks and wrists...all the inbetween is erm...not so fine :)

judy and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted