Aeon grandfather clock

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Brian Pettit, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Brian Pettit

Brian Pettit Member

image.jpg i picked up this clock. I've been wanting one for a long time. The only thing I've found so far is that it has Aeon as the brand name on it. It is about 78" tall. After I get it home I'll post more pictures and anything else I find. Until then does anyone have any info on these? Thanks in advance

KingofThings likes this.
  2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Well, it's modernish, probably has a German movement, is unlikely to be earlier than 1970, and they tend to be avoided by clock repairers because the arbour pivots wear out relatively quickly.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

"Picked up" that clock? Not by yourself, you didn't! LOL!

:)

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I think it's nice and decorative, no matter the age. I wouldn't mind having that type of clock in my house.

5. SallyTheMouseyPad

SallyTheMouseyPad New Member

I have one of these which I bought unseen at an auction online, thinking it was a proper antique clock. It had no keys so having successfully learned lock picking and got the doors open it does seem to be working (it’s ticking) but I don’t know if it’s set up right. I think maybe the pendulum (which does tick nicely) and weights are both just decorative because every clock I have seen that is similar seems to be battery operated. Did you ever find out any more?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the OP hasn't been here since 2019....and the thread is from 2015.......
    I doubt very much that he will answer you...;):(:(:(

Draft saved Draft deleted