Featured Antique Moorcroft...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brooke Anderson, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Hello out there :)

My lovely neighbor gave me this vase. I dont know much about Moorcroft. I think I might have the date right somewhere between the 1920-late 40's? I cant fin this particular design with the bands. I have seen a few but the band are different. I am just wondering if anyone knows about the bands or can direct me to some good links. I have been looking at their patterns but still come up with nothing for this piece. Thank you kindly !!!!! Moorcroft.jpg

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

3. Oops! My bad! It’s 6.5 inches tall :)

4. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Looks very similar to the Pomegranate pattern . If someone knows how to rotate the pics please tell me. 9751F2F1-2059-4D3D-B7BC-3B3DAD986069.jpeg 324FB19E-79C8-4405-9A2F-2D05DB4CCA93.jpeg 97B7F193-2583-455B-984C-5EE19CC569C9.jpeg

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I use an editing program. You probably posted from an I-Phone.

upload_2020-11-4_11-52-1.jpeg
    upload_2020-11-4_11-51-34.jpeg
    upload_2020-11-4_11-52-21.jpeg

6. John Brassey

Brooke Anderson and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. John Brassey

I think it's known as "Banded Pomegranate" Quite rare I think.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 13.25.50.png

komokwa, cxgirl, blooey and 5 others like this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

9. Thank you. I did know about the pomegranate but the banded part was throwing me off! I need to find that book! I will keep digging too. Thank you for your help! The banded design is far and few on the internet! It’s a lovely vase... curious to know more. Cheers!

komokwa, cxgirl and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

11. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

nice signed piece:)
    here are some completed auction sales with dates and prices, different shapes and sizes than yours but should give you some idea of value
    https://www.liveauctioneers.com/search/?keyword=moorcroft banded pomegranite&page=1&pageSize=24&sort=-relevance&status=archive

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  12. Eric Haefli

Eric Haefli Active Member

I love Moorcroft, but I don't know much about it. What do you think the year of manufacture is? I see that one ad says circa 1926.

Brooke Anderson likes this.
  13. There was one that sold on another auction site that looked very similar but different banded colors... they said 1926-1930. I have tried putting in the number as well but come up with nothing. So far no one has this exact banded pattern! ❤️

14. Rob Churchill

Rob Churchill Member

The banded pomegranate is slightly more unusual and harder to find , and the shape is a desirable one amongst Moorcroft collectors , its probably made around 1925 as the 2 numbers beneath the Moorcroft stamp , are the shape number , and impressed shape numbers stopped being used in 1926.

Draft saved Draft deleted