antique mortar or modern

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by hunt2, May 1, 2024.

1. hunt2

hunt2 Active Member

I found this very famous and well known mortar made in the netherlands in 1590 that is the original that is. with the tekst: "Leefte Verwint Al Dinck". There are alot of modern copies of this one. And i wondered if mine has real age and is from the period??It measures 10 cm wide and 9,3 cm high and weighs 1138 grams. 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    kyratango and mmarco102 like this.
  2. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20240501-205423.png Screenshot_20240501-205431.png

kyratango, komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  3. hunt2

hunt2 Active Member

please tell me if i post to much.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

No , you don't !
    u have good photo's and descriptions and interesting items........ but we don't always know everything about every item.......but don't let that stop you...or think you're being ignored !!!

The Worthpoint photo , does make yours look like a poorly cast reproduction....but I don't know enuf about it to say or certain..

hunt2 likes this.
  5. hunt2

hunt2 Active Member

in all honesty they are all horrible reproductions of poor casting trying to bee the real deal because the real ones are so wanted and bring big bucks. hahaha

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted