Featured Art Deco silver plate bird (peacock?)

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Carlin, May 21, 2022.

1. Carlin

Carlin New Member

4ECE57BA-C51B-4FF5-9C63-A5A3FEDADCE8.jpeg EB66D373-86F0-4623-A29E-53FAE4377E3E.jpeg Hi there, found this guy while at an antique store earlier today. Was curious if anyone knew anything about it or possible value. I found a couple listings for a pair, but wasn’t able to find anything else. There’s a mark on the bottom 'wb mfg. co. model number 2250, copyright usa' for Weidlich Brothers, Bridgeport, CT. And both listings state they are from 1930s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2022
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hello @Carlin & welcome to the forum. :happy::happy:

This style of bird is usually referred to as a Bird of Paradise.

Very nice piece!! :happy::happy:

Lucille.b, sabre123 and judy like this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Just popping in to say how beautiful your bird is!!

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree. Handsome piece.

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and bluumz like this.
  7. Carlin

Carlin New Member

Thank you all for your help and feedback!!☺️

bercrystal likes this.
  8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I would have said Bird of Paradise as well. Here are two jade birds of Paradise that I found online. Sometimes things are misrepresented. That tail doesn't look like a peacock to me. The stance and top feather crest also don't look peacock. 233244.jpeg

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted