Beads and Buttons

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Pat P, Aug 29, 2014.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I am such a bonehead. I never subscribed to this post. I'll show all your responses to the Mrs and get her to reply. I do know the colour of the gloves has changed. It is now a mulberry and not white (There is no white Qiviuk Wool which I just found out this weekend)

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Well, Black is going to be out now because of the wool colour change :)

Now she is pondering a MOP, "Ivory Like" Clear Glass, Bakelite, Pearlish (Basically anything clear/White or off white)

She would prefer a button with a shank.

I am so out of my element here it isn't funny, but give me 5 months on the quest and I'll be an old pro (NOT)

Thanks again everybody for your help so far. It is really appreciated by us.

3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I have a set of vintage pearly white buttons with shanks, on the original card, that I think may be the right size. I'll try to remember to look for them tomorrow.

desperate_fun likes this.
  4. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Where is Pat???? I do hope she is OK???

Here are some beads my youngest daughter gave me, nothing vintage but it was sweet of her,all glass,shell or some sort of metal, plus various crimps. :) She is into beading now since I gave her a bunch of my vintage czech beads. She made this with hematite.

[​IMG]

phpB64gHtPM.jpg
    phpnUJXFWPM.jpg

Oh the multi colored necklace I have had for years. I plan on removing the beads and using them for projects.

phpGDYk2yPM.jpg

gregsglass likes this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Shiloh,
    It would be a shame to break that necklace up, beautiful 1930s Czech.
    greg

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that old, or if it is they were still making those beads well into the 70s.

7. spirit-of-shiloh

HUMMMMMMMMMM I did notice they were all knotted but fugured they were modern? I have had them for many years so possibly from the 70's? I wish they were from the 30's.:cat: Will have to research them ;)

8. spirit-of-shiloh

Researching my necklace just now I came across these Czech beads. On the finds thread I remember two boardies posting similar necklaces with the tiger beads. I love them. :)
    [​IMG]
    Czech beads elongate bicolors

gregsglass and yourturntoloveit like this.
  9. spirit-of-shiloh

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

((drool)) I keep dreaming of finding one of those in a rummage sale, or at an estate sale where the dealer has no clue what it is.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted