Blue glass covered candy dish/bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Happy!, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Would this be considered cobalt? It is about 4.5 inches tall, over 6 inches with the lid. The front part below the lid has kind of a bumpy texture, hopefully you can see it in the pics. Any ideas on maker or name? Cannot seem to find it online. Thanks.
    P1200855 400.jpg P1200856 400.jpg P1200858 400.jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Looks like Jeanettes Glass wedding box. Never ever saw it in cobalt only clear and solid pink. Perhaps a new piece from Asia.
    greg

judy likes this.
  3. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Greg, well that is a bummer. Could have sworn this was in my in laws place in as early as the 80s but my memory could be false. Were they faking them back then?

judy likes this.
  4. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

They have been making reproductions of lots of glass for quite some time. 80's is quite possible.

Happy! likes this.
  5. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Reproductions have been made since people discovered depression glass was popular way back in the 70's actually.

Happy! likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I wouldn't rule out Jeannette. They spray painted pieces with a lot of different colors. You can see the wear to the paint in the second photo. Be very careful how you wash it. Don't soak it or the rest of paint will start to flake off. I'm not sure it's a reproduction really. More like Jeannette's take on the "traditional" wedding box design.
    Don

Happy! and Mill Cove Treasures like this.
  7. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Interesting take on it from all. I think we did save this piece, so I hope to unearth it for a closer look sometime. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted