Featured Book, 1963 unrevised proof, John Keats

Discussion in 'Books' started by bluumz, Apr 13, 2024.

1. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

As a bibliophile, I love things like this and can't resist showing it off. :)

I am an admirer of the romantic poetry of John Keats. Last summer, during a trip to the UK, I even fit in a visit to the Hampstead home Keats once lived in. It's a small museum now and doesn't take long to wander through but was well worth the time and effort to get there.
    Recently, I decided that I needed a copy of Aileen Ward's John Keats: The Making of a Poet. A quick eBay search came up with this unrevised proof at a cheaper price than the books themselves!

Now if only I could find a cheap first edition of Endymion! Or, better yet, an affordable 1820 volume of Lamia, Isabella, The Eve of St. Agnes, and Other Poems! :rolleyes:

IMG_2238.jpeg IMG_2239.jpeg IMG_2240.jpeg IMG_2241.jpeg IMG_2242.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Perhaps not your cup of tea, but have you read Dan Simmons' novel Hyperion? Bet a Keats fan would get more out of it than the uninitiated do.

johnnycb09 and Figtree3 like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I'm actually not familiar with it but will look into it, thanks!

EDIT: Yikes, as you say, "not my cup of tea"!
    I have too much trouble following those complicated futuristic sci-fi storylines.

johnnycb09, Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

This one is quite convoluted, but John Keats is mixed up in it.

Figtree3 and bluumz like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

@bluumz , What a great find for you! The excitement shines through your post. Thanks for sharing.

bluumz likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That is wonderful, bluumz, congratulations!:woot::woot::happy:

Figtree3 and bluumz like this.
  7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's always a thrill when you find something that hits a personal interest point right on the noggin!

bluumz and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted