Can you help me identify this character?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lark, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

My first impression was a Palmer Cox character but I can find no brown and yellow police officers. I am not sure of age or even purpose for this piece. Either open salt or ashtray are my two guesses. On the bottom there is a red circle but too IMG_20220105_122941725.jpg IMG_20220105_123000212.jpg IMG_20220105_123016319.jpg IMG_20220105_123037182.jpg faint to read. 5 " tall. I feel like i have seen this character somewhere with his billyclub behind his back but for the life of me I can't put a name to him.

dude and Hi2022 like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

toothpick.....I'd think..

3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Thanks, I did think that was possible as well but thought the toothpicks would fall down into the bottom. I even put some in and that is what they did if jostled too much. but who is he? I feel like he is on the tip of my tongue.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Might be a Katzenjammer Kid character.

Debora

dude, Hi2022 and Lark like this.
  5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

That is a real possibility although searching Katzenjammer Kid characters i still could not find him. However I think that was the characters i was searching my mind for all last night! Thank you for all the help. It is still driving me crazy.

Hi2022 likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    Fid, dude, Hi2022 and 3 others like this.
  7. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Thank you Say it slowly. I even did a reverse image look up and did not find that. it a least lets me know what the red mark says. Since it comes in different colors I probably can stop looking for the character match. Most cops are in blue so it had me more baffled than I should have been. Thank you again everyone!

dude, komokwa and Hi2022 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted