Featured Carnival Glass ?? Red Flash Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Jun 20, 2015.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is considered carnival glass or not. Appears the red is applied or stained to the glass? Any idea who made it? TIA!!

pitcher1.jpg pitcher2.jpg

2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

The pattern is daisy and button. Don't know about the flashing, but I don't think it would be considered carnival glass.

I'm not an expert, but have a large collection of daisy and button EAPG (early American patterned glass) and a smaller collection of carnival pieces that were my mother's.

As far as I know, older daisy and button pieces weren't made in this color, so I'd think it was newer. But I could be wrong!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

looks like Bryce Bros. D&B pattern that had OMN of Fashion c1890

4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

TallCakes, what is "OMN of Fashion"?

5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

OMN= Original Manufacturer's Name

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

7. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

THANKS so much for the information!!

8. Oooooooooo so pretty! I've never had much luck with selling Depression Glass, carnival glass, etc. I don't have the knack or connection with those that collect and buy these lovelies as others do. I find the pieces without much effort; but when I buy them to resell, I usually list them online and it takes forever to sell them and I price them like a baby chick ... cheep, cheep, cheep!! But that's the only place I've been able to sell them. I sure hope you can find the tumblers and the rest of the glassware that accompanies this. It's really pretty.

9. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

This is not considered Carnival Glass.

Draft saved Draft deleted