Crying kids

Discussion in 'Art' started by Chris Mount, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

15064168904289.jpg 15064168904640.jpg 15064168905001.jpg 15064169098102.jpg Hi was hoping someone could tell me when these were from reminds me of a Greek ladies home of the 80s so maybe from 70s hope someone will confirm. Why someone would want crying kids on their wall is beyond me but I like em. Has made in Italy on frame on back. Couldn't find anything similar online they are printed favric thats cushioned so soft to touch. chris View attachment 91085 View attachment 91086 View attachment 91087 View attachment 91088

Christmasjoy and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very Italian. I believe the originals of many of these were made by someone in Venice. Most of the children were neighbourhood children, he probably pinched them before he painted them.:eek:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

4. opoe

opoe Well-Known Member

m1eylq6wcbsj.gif At least one should have put an over the top plastic baroque frame around these pieces of ultimate kitsch(not these boring straight ones) also known around these parts as the crying gypsy children. ;)

This guy painted many of those: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Bragolin

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  5. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

my only thought is...............what does it say about a person when they make a conscious decision to look at pictures of kids crying, at will?

I have a few theories...........none of them pretty............

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Reminds me of one ex wife who was pregnant when she saw a doll in the store. The dolls name was Little Miss Noname, she had a giant teardrop coming from one eye and wore a tattered burlap dress. My wife could not stop crying when she saw her, in fact she was bawling. The saleswomen were patting her on the back and very sympathetic to her. I was frankly embarrassed.
    greg

Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

They appear to be signed. Are they?

Debora

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WHY would someone who is obviously a gifted artist paint these?, children smiling and happy would be so much more acceptable to the buying public. I guess one has a need to "express" themself in any way they can .. even if it seems odd. I wonder if this artist painted other pictures of a different theme, he or she is very good .. Joy.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

Found em g tarantino was the artist looks like my first thought of 70s is right
    15064567087100.jpg

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I wouldn't allow that guy within spitting distance of any kid I had.................but on the other hand, I might MENTION to any kid I had that they were going to "visit" him if they didn't make that spinach disappear...............

Oh, I love being a nasty old man...........its so liberating..........

Draft saved Draft deleted