Featured DESK

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Landscapeguy, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Landscapeguy

Landscapeguy New Member

20210604_073417-1.jpg 20210604_073430.jpg 20210604_073409-1.jpg I purchased this desk at an antique auction in Bangor, Maine over 40 years ago. It's been in my home all that time, and I know nothing about it except everything from that family's estate was exceptional.

It's about the size of a partner's desk, yet the drawer's only open from one side, and are the depth of the entire desk.

I'm going to attempt to downsize, so I could use your help in describing this piece in order to sell it.

Thank you!

John

Figtree3, Born2it and judy like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Moved to Furniture Forum.

judy likes this.
  3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Massive Brown Wood Desk....$ 195 to a good home..
    Pick up only.......bring 4 guys and a honken big Truck !!!

:playful::playful::playful::playful:...:jawdrop:

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  5. Fern77

Fern77 Well-Known Member

Very nice, if finish has gone a little dull (or so it would seem). More of a library table to me, in the great neoclassical taste. Could use a good waxing and polishing for a few extra bucks, but price depends on when and where as much as in what.

johnnycb09, judy, Figtree3 and 4 others like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I agree - not a desk, a table.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Landscapeguy, You mention drawers....are there no pulls for them....even after lightening where I think there might be one or two, I barely see lines for them???

judy likes this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Library table circa 1900. Nicer than most. Maybe up to $300 here in the Midwest. Might do better out East, in or near a large city.

9. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

I third (or fourth) the library table, and second the idea that it looks like it could use some love. A thorough but gentle cleaning, followed by a good wax will make it more attractive to higher end buyers.

Out of pure selfish curiosity, I would love to see pictures of the drawers, inside and out. Helps to date the item.

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Agreed, nice big honker of a library table, made to stand up to whatever things humans get up to in libraries. Or to hold a big honkin' dictionary or five. I'd say about $250-300 here, but they're going to need a lot of friends or a forklift. That thing looks like it weighs a few.

johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I always wanted an old library table. There's no place to put one in the house now, but always enjoyable to look at pictures.

Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. Landscapeguy

Landscapeguy New Member

I agree. They are so beautiful, but ginormous!

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted