Edwardian-era Pocketwatch Stand

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Shangas, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

Been tinkering with this for the last 2-3 days. I only finished it this morning...

stand01.jpg stand02.jpg stand03.jpg stand04.jpg stand07.jpg stand08.jpg stand09.jpg stand10.jpg stand14.jpg stand13.jpg

For full details of the restoration process, I wrote about it in my blog:

http://www.throughouthistory.com/?p=4495

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Very nice restoration, still looks old not brand new, love that!

i need help likes this.
  3. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

I wanted the watch stand to be PRACTICAL. Whether or not it was fully restored cosmetically wasn't really important to me. I was more concerned with fixing it to an extent where it could be used. I touched up and fixed a few other things along the way, but other than that, it was all just practical repairs, no actual 'rejuvenating' restoration.

Some people really overdo it with restorations sometimes. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it does improve things, but other times, all you need to do is a few light touch-ups and rebuilds, and that's all that I did here.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted