Featured ESTATE SALE FIND - MID CENT MODERN BOOK-ENDS OR 2 HEADED LLAMAS?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Aug 26, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these with a ton of cool pieces yesterday & today (rare 52" Budweiser clock/lighted sign, original Bally Captain Fantastic (with Elton John) pinball machine backglass, these things & more) - but I'm not sure what they are! I believe they are book ends?
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks
    AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOOK ENDS MID CENTURY MODERN LLAMA LOOK 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOOK ENDS MID CENTURY MODERN LLAMA LOOK 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOOK ENDS MID CENTURY MODERN LLAMA LOOK 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY BOOK ENDS MID CENTURY MODERN LLAMA LOOK 4AA.jpg

2. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I think they're poodles, but other than that... may have been a radioactive spider bite in this situation...

3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

4. journeymagazine

HOW did you do that??!

komokwa likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Not a CLUE...........that is just SO BIZARRE.......................

judy likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

today...knowing how to search on line is an artform..!

judy and sabre123 like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Great ID, Sabre.

I wonder why they have that stick on felt under their stomachs. Seems like that part doesn't touch the surface if I'm looking at it correctly.

These are honestly bizarre, two-headed poodles. Maybe an MCM take/spoof on all the poodle merchandise from the early 50's.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    judy and sabre123 like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I see them as 4 dogs all together, sort of yoked in pairs. If they are hollow, I suppose the felt is covering the opening. Awesome work, Sabre.

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Great find, journey, but I'm glad they are rare....
    If you have difficulty finding a seller, you could try these guys:playful::
    http://www.atomicpoodle.net/

pearlsnblume, judy and sabre123 like this.
  10. journeymagazine

Thanks Amy - you wouldn't believe the stuff these people had; I spent all my money, went home (to my own estate sale that I'd left my girlfriend watching to go!) and was back the next day spending what I'd made day before!
    I own a sober house for girls (opened in memory of my daughter) that is closed while we replace the old cast iron plumbing with pvc - and my girlfriend keeps telling me I need to reopen it as a sober house for pickers - and stay there! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted