Featured Fay Wray candid portrait during filming of Madame Spy❤️

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vintage Maven, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

This is the latest addition to my vintage original photography collection. It is a rare candid portrait of Fay Wray sitting in her 1932 Pierce Arrow 54 near the movie set during the filming of Madame Spy. I will update when the image is custom framed. I absolutely love this photo. ❤️Maven

1A132748-41DC-4A44-8F70-16B1BE21DE83.jpeg 336BAC4D-C366-4F03-A948-6FD6427CD481.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

"Whatever happened to Fay Wray ? That delicate , satin draped frame ?" :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Firemandk, komokwa, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  3. Vintage Maven

She passed away in her sleep of natural causes in 2004, just weeks before her 97th birthday. ❤️Maven

4. johnnycb09

Darling,thats a line from Rocky Horror Picture Show ! 30 second mark ...

5. Vintage Maven

Lol, Thank You for educating me about that @johnnycb09 ❤️Maven

komokwa likes this.
  6. johnnycb09

My fault,I didnt put quotations ! She was truly lovely.

komokwa and Vintage Maven like this.
  7. Vintage Maven

@johnnycb09 She reminds me a lil of my Grandmother on my Mom’s side (My Mom’s, Mom of course) of the family, especially as Fay Wray got older. ❤️Maven

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

9. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

...as it clung to her thigh...how I started to cry...

komokwa, johnnycb09 and Vintage Maven like this.
  10. johnnycb09

Not to hijack the thread,but Id like to tell a little story about Rocky Horror . Jacksonville Fl in 1977 might has well have been Jacksonville Fl in 1957 . Very conservative,very backwards,very repressed. I was,to put it delicately,vastly different from most people I knew in my little redneck working class world , with zero exposure to "alternative" lifestyles . I went to private christian school to boot ! My older brother started dating this girl who was originally from LA (navy family) and one weekend she asked me if Id like to go to Rocky Horror . They only showed it in one theater,midnight only,one night a week only . The second the movie started rolling,I was riveted ! I had never seen anything like it . I had also never been surrounded by such people who were "different" either.
    It was truly a life altering experience for me ,much to my parents horror ! Gone was the polyester wearing,bowl haircut "good" boy . Orcha Lee (the LA girlfriend) also introduced me over the next year to clubs and such (back when a 15 year old could go to a bar ) . So its a funky movie but one that changed me life (for the better or worse might be subjective!) . :)
    Id like to add that Orcha Lee saw something in me that even I didnt see at the time.Thank You Orcha,wherever you are !

11. Vintage Maven

That is so cool. I absolutely loved it. Thank You for sharing that @johnnycb09 ❤Maven

johnnycb09 likes this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

LA Woman............am I right Johnny !! ???

13. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have seen the Rocky Horror perhaps 300 times. The last time was in 1987. Everyone who came to NYC wanted to see it so I went with them. The last time was with two women/girl nurses from Bayonne NJ. They did not see me pass a note to an "usher'. In the intro to the movie an announcer made the statement "we have two virgins in the audience named Flo and Judy from Bayonne." Flo and Judy almost had a stroke. They were amazed at how the announced knew they were from Bayonne and what their names were. I never did tell them. A word to the wise virgin was the name given to anyone who never saw the movie before. It was all they talked about for a month. They never figured I was the spy. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

14. Vintage Maven

@gregsglass That is so wonderfully creative. Suffice to say, if I would have been of age to go at the time, I would have hoped you would have taken me to see it, and pulled off a similar escapade. ❤️Maven

komokwa likes this.
  15. gregsglass

Hi Maven,
    Would have been very proud to have had you as a guest. I think you might have a blast especially with all of the "heroics" and throwing of toast and the umbrellas and such, the best was the audience belting out all of the lines and such. Every "performance" was a little different. I knew people that had been to thousands of showings.
    greg

johnnycb09 and Vintage Maven like this.
  16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

" Let's do the...... ok ..enuf of that !!! :hilarious:

Firemandk and Vintage Maven like this.
  17. gregsglass

Hi Komo,
    Dang you! Now I have the time warp dance music rushing in my head, it will take hours to get rid of it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

18. johnnycb09

Ah the rice,squirt guns,newspapers,toast,memories !

Vintage Maven likes this.
  19. Vintage Maven

It must have been an amazing cult cultural spectacle to be surrounded by, and to be totally apart of. Sounds like a moment in time, never to be recaptured in the same way. A crowd of people gathered as a culture collective, yet having their own individual experiences, simply amazing, the whole essence of it is so intriguing. ❤️Maven

20. gregsglass

Hi Maven,
    It was truly a real happening!! and it lasted for years. I saw the movie a couple of years ago at a friends house. It just was not the same. My heart was not pounding nor was it so wonderful as two hundred people all in the same mood and friendly.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted