Featured Fine Glass Ewer / Pitcher with Bubble Stopper

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Flashback, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

I've had this piece for years now and am now (again) looking for thoughts to help refine my listing information -- from maker to likely intended purpose, era, etc.

Some of its characteristics have a bit of a Baccarat feel, but the only marking is a hand-painted number 79 on the underside of the foot, which (to me) look European.

As to its intended use, the grape decoration would almost seem to suggest some type of decanter, but I question that given its size. (It's 9" high to the top of the bubble stopper.)
    IMG_4204-research.jpg IMG_4213-research.jpg IMG_4214-research.jpg IMG_4216-research.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is beautiful, Flashback.
    I would suggest a carafe, used to present and serve the amount of wine expected to be used.

(Don't worry people, a carafe can be filled multiple times if needed.:joyful:)

3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The number allows the stopper to be matched. 1930s Bohemian by the look of it.

4. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

I'm curious as to what element(s) point to Bohemian origin.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The shape, for one thing. The motif and the way it's applied, the good gilding. The stopper is also typical.

Any Jewelry, Flashback and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted