Featured glass oil lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Oct 12, 2021.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

I could use some help identifying this lamp or some search terms. I'm having trouble finding anything quite like it. Thanks

aaarsDSC03261 (2).jpg

2. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

I am not sure that it was an oil lamp. But, regardless it is electrified now. I know of no real value, except as an electric lamp

3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I don't know much about lamps, but this looks like a home project to me.
    That blue ruffled top piece just doesn't look right to me. Also I see that little metal rest sticking out to the right which tells me what SHOULD have been there had a much wider base then what is there. Probably a large blue globe should have been on the top with a hole on top for the chimney to poke through.
    This looks like a marriage to me.

4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

This gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Although there are other types of top shades, and Fenton made some lamps using their vases as a top shade. But they were uniform and generally the same pattern top and bottom.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

Agreed, none of the metal pieces work with any oil lamp

6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Not really an area of much knowledge for me, but the shade is an awfully good match in color, wouldn't surprise me if they belong together, though that fitting holding the shade doesn't look right. Regardless, would think right around the late 19th century on dating for both base and shade...

This looks to be the same base (some conversions are reversible):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3041143516...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

lamp-base.JPG

And perhaps the same shade (I've always known similar as 'bullseye' banquet shades):

https://www.rubylane.com/item/533954-CMA-979/Antique-Blue-Thumb-Print-Glass-Lamp

lamp-shade.JPG

~Cheryl

komokwa likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

u r so smart !!!!!
    good call !!!!:kiss:;):):)

8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted