Featured Gorgeus necklace but no idea what it is...

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Irenka, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Including what the others have said above, he needs to send you IN FOCUS Close-ups or ENLARGEMENTS!!! It looks nice, but nothing that we can enlarge to see it's finesse!!!

KSW, IvaPan, mirana and 1 other person like this.
  2. Irenka

Irenka Well-Known Member

In the morning i will ask him to take more pictures... he send a lot of pictures so i am certain that he will send some more :D i will post them as soon as i get them... and thank you all for helping me!

KSW, IvaPan and bercrystal like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

what price is he asking?

IvaPan and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Before! I said 1830s, but impossible to find a piece to show with same enamel and style... It can go to 1840:facepalm:... Restauration era:)

mirana, Dessert58, KSW and 4 others like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Just trying to see the timeline, is the Restauration era after the revolution of 1848?:)

KSW likes this.
  6. kyratango

Before, under kings Charles X and Louis XVIII.

7. Irenka

Irenka Well-Known Member

I'm anxiously waiting for an answer from them... hopefully soon! I have to say that I like it more and more and I really hope we find out something good about it.

kyratango, Any Jewelry and KSW like this.
  8. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Just my HO - Irenka, if you like it so much and if you can afford it, don't let yourself be discouraged if something is not exactly as described. There is a saying in my country that "keyif (pleasure) is priceless".

9. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

Thank you, Fig!!

KSW likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

there's a saying in my country too.......

" don't buy a pig in a poke " ....;):inpain:

kyratango, IvaPan and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

True that! But if someone likes it so much, how does it matter that it is not exactly what the seller claims it to be? I don't mean the necklace to be pot metal with glass stones sold for the price of gold with rubies, then it is indeed not worth. But I saw opinions here that it most probably is an authentic French Restoration piece and I trust them. Even if there are no marks. Of course, it is also a matter of price, but I said "if you can afford it". I personally can see that the necklace is beautiful but it is not my taste. If it were and I could afford it, I would buy even if there were no marks or the marks were indiscernible.

12. Irenka

Irenka Well-Known Member

I got an answer...the guy says the necklace doesn't have any markings because it's supposed to be 200+ years old and they weren't used back then?
    But he said that we can go to the jeweler to check what it is made of.

the necklace does not open at the back and does not have a clasp, but opens at the front...It's not clear to me from the pictures where, but ok Napoleon4 (Small).jpg Napoleon5 (Small).jpg Napoleon6 (Small).jpg Napoleon3 (Small).jpg

Attached Files:

mirana, Bronwen, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  13. kyratango

@IvaPan said “I don't mean the necklace to be pot metal with glass stones sold for the price of gold with rubies, then it is indeed not worth.”
    Exactly! The piece is obviously not a knockoff, just has to be affordable;)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  14. kyratango

I see the two clasps, one on each side of the central motif. Narrow tongue in box system, only the push part appears in the pics. Perhaps the motif could be worn as a bracelet with a shorter chain!
    No marking is ok for me, condition is wonderful, now is the question of.... the price he wants:bored::joyful:

mirana, Bronwen, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  15. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

If the seller agrees to go together to a jeweller to test the metal and the stones, I don't see a problem. The problem can be the price if not affordable for Irenka, IMO. As Kyra also pointed.

16. Irenka

Irenka Well-Known Member

He still hasn't said how much he wants for it... maybe he is saving it for next time... because he did told me that the necklace was in the newspapers because of its story, but he didn't said anything else... i did look if i could find the article, and i did but just one bit, and there they say that this guy is like a treasure hunter and that he has necklace from mistress of Napoleon, you know Emilia Kraus, the love of Napoleon was Slovenian... i just dont know why he didnt bother to tell that to me, maybe is this just the story for newspapers, but it would explain why he had marked pictures like Napoleon...

With that said if he will said that this is that necklace i can just guess the price he would want:woot:

but strange... if the story is true why not sell it at an auction, why would he tease a local antiquer ? :shifty:

Bakersgma, mirana, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  17. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Hm, the latest development is somehow discouraging. I always get suspicious when someone starts talking about veeery big story behind an item...
    Very good point!
    My guess would be because he cannot prove anything. But if he cannot prove anything, no one can be sure it is true and no one will be willing to pay the premium due to this story.

18. kyratango

The story is just a story, without elements of proof :
    A letter, a portrait, a jeweller invoice relating a link between THIS necklace and Emilia Kraus...:pompous:
    I "sniff" a big price coming:troll:

mirana, Bronwen, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  19. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Me too.
    I would run with 100 in the opposite direction. Hate blackmailers.

Furthermore, even the story of this Emilia Kraus with Napoleon seems not proven not to mention her alleged necklace.

Any Jewelry, Irenka and kyratango like this.
  20. Irenka

Irenka Well-Known Member

Me too! :D

IvaPan, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted