Featured GOT AN EMAIL ALERT FOR A 'VICTORIAN' LOADED AUCTION COMING UP

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

ON Thursday, AUGUST 19th @5pm & 7pm.....lots very different items....I did notice there was NO JEWELRY though! Lots of STEIFF & NON Steiff animals, baskets, paintings, lamps, did NOT see any tools, only a couple of cool 'tin' record players-one of which I'm posting here....oh what the heck, go have a peek!!! It's in Illinois.....has anyone ever dealt with distance shipping??? AND if so, did fragile items arrive OK???? Reason for asking, I have a sea chest with the 'Flying Cloud' carved into the front, and when I see some 'F. C.' things I sometimes buy.........plates, cups & saucers shown below!!! There's already a bit of interest, so probably won't win them!!

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/cat...tate-and-antique-auction/?page=1&pageSize=all

3 COLOR SPATTERWARE.jpg

FOOT WARMER.jpg

MINI WALL CLOCK.jpg

MUSIC BOX TIN RECORDS.jpg

FL CLOUD DISHES.jpg

2. Generic_Lad

Generic_Lad Active Member

I've bought fragile porcelain before from the other side of the country via eBay and had about a 90% success rate with them arriving undamaged -- just make sure it is sent insured, surprisingly the USPS wasn't difficult to collect insurance from as long as I had the invoice even though it was a collectors item

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

It all comes down to how they pack it. Great packing protects, bad packing is not good. Do make sure they insure it. Good luck.

Aquitaine, cxgirl and Darkwing Manor like this.
  4. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

The two hair wreaths (134 and 0200) should go for a pretty penny, but I'd be very nervous about them arriving intact. Likewise the Regina music box, (0083) plus those weigh a LOT. I will sell you mine if interested! BTW- who would have owned THREE nun dolls? (0273)

Aquitaine, cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I like the pie safe, but it is really rough shape.

Aquitaine and cxgirl like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I thought there was a fairly good amount of neat stuff, but am at an age where I JUST DON'T NEED to buy MORE!!!!! Unless I REEEEEEALLY can't live without it!!:joyful:

Darkwing Manor and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted