Featured Hand Painted Porcelain Pieces Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Verrefou, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

I got these two old porcelain pieces in a box lot but know nothing about porcelain. I was thinking they may be Japanese....or Chinese? The cup is 1 5/8 DSC01434 (2).JPG DSC01434 (2).JPG DSC01439 (2).JPG DSC01434 (2).JPG DSC01437 (2).JPG inches tall and the bowl is 1 1/4" . No indent for the bowl so I am not sure if it is a saucer. Thanks for looking!

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Can you show a photo of the underside?

bercrystal likes this.
  3. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Probably Chinese c1780-1800 Factories such as New Hall copied these patterns . Base should help.

4. Hi @Verrefou - nice find! I agrree with @John Brassey, these look like 18th century Chinese famille rose, likely Qianlong period (in a similar style to Lowestoft).

bercrystal and *crs* like this.
  5. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

DSC01459 (2).JPG DSC01472 (2).JPG Thanks for your input! There are no marks on the underside of the cup as shown. But the little bowl has a squiggle? that is so lightly impressed that it is difficult to photograph. I hope that comes through a bit in the photos. Thanks again for taking the time to help!

finding_antiques likes this.
  6. Hi @Verrefou - to me that little squiggle looks like it might be a firing flaw or imperfection that occurred at the time of manufacture like you often find on these pieces, though a bit difficult to confirm from the photo.

Figtree3 and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted