Help dating a handmade stoneware pitcher.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aRogueScholar, Sep 23, 2020.

1. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

This is unmarked so far as I can tell. The pattern seems to be daisies or some other flower, though very faint. The outside of the pitcher seems unglazed while the entire inside is glazed with a thick brown. The chip on the spout shows the material to be the same color throughout and quite porous. Can anyone provide any further insight to this piece? I found it in North Carolina, but of course anything can travel anywhere now-a-days. Stoneware Pitcher 1.jpg Stoneware Pitcher 3.jpg Stoneware Pitcher 2.jpg Stoneware Pitcher 4.jpg Stoneware Pitcher 5.jpg

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

*crs* and judy like this.
  3. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

I appreciate the bump in the right direction.

clutteredcloset49 and judy like this.
  4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Thanks for the tag but unfortunately I never receive any updates from this group anymore :bag:

I wished I could hep you aRogueScholar but I'm at a loss on this item.

aRogueScholar likes this.
  5. aRogueScholar

aRogueScholar Member

Thanks for the response!

Draft saved Draft deleted