Featured Help identifying Artist name, provenance, etc?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Jenny Jensen, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Jenny Jensen

Jenny Jensen New Member

Is anyone able to help me identify this artist's name. I was told it was a listed artist, possibly Flemish. Appreciate any help you can give. - Jenny IMG_7954.jpg IMG_7952.jpg

2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Jenny!
    Would you kindly include a picture of the back of your artwork and the dimensions. Thank you, :)

3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

Watelet, might be Louis Étienne Watelet.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

The picture itself maybe 28" x 34"???? OH, AND Hi and WELCOME to the site!!!!! Lovely to have you join in here!!:):) The more information you can give us, the more those in the know can help you!!!!! Have fun!!!

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I pulled two sigatures of "Watelet" off of two different paintings........neither one said 'Louis Étiene' first although they appeared to be attributed to him........so I don't know if it would be him or not......just signatures to compare at this point.....

zWatelet1.jpg zWatelet-2.jpg

jeasta, Christmasjoy, judy and 3 others like this.
  6. Bayan

Bayan Member

Hi Jenny, provenance is all about the history or the art's ownership/hold . It is about how where from you acquired it ,who owned it before you and how the previous owner got it ...etc. Provenance is form of assurance that the art work is original and not fake. Good luck

7. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

I think Watelet also but sig doesn’t match either sample shown above; keep looking for Watelet signatures, particularly the smooth, flowing “W.”

Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and aaroncab like this.
  8. Jenny Jensen

Jenny Jensen New Member

Thank you all! The picture itself is 25"W x 17"H and I do not have a photo of the back yet.

9. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

jeasta, Christmasjoy and Mugzinnys like this.
  10. Erims

Erims New Member

hi can you help me finde name?

11. Erims

Erims New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted