Help needed identifying pottery

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Steven85, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Thanks. I’ve got loads more maybe it’s easier to take a bulk picture with a size guide too thanks bear with me.

2. Steven85

Steven85 Member

The total width is around 28ins if that’s any help and the tape measure isn’t clear I can be more specific.

View attachment 183557

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  3. Steven85

Steven85 Member

I’ll stop here it’s approx 28ins wide in total in case the tape measure isn’t clear I’m having a few issues with certain pics not uploading thanks again:

View attachment 183558

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think that one got lost in translation.;)
    So this is where I say, if anyone needs me, just tag me.

"You know how to tag, don't you...."
    [​IMG]

i need help likes this.
  5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Here’s a similar piece found on picclick. No other info other than Staffordshire pottery as I think the treacle glazed Toby jug is too. Can’t see if it has a handle. The glass pieces will be more likely to be seen if posted in the glass forum. I had a big bucket full of similar brass things that I took to the scrapyard but you could see if they sell online.
    ~
    ACB318DE-7515-41CC-9AE4-1943DE665AAF.jpeg

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  6. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Haha I’m sorry I mis read that completely

KSW, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  7. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Thank you I think I saw that too. Plus mine is chipped at the bottom anyway l, I didn’t realise at first.

KSW likes this.
  8. Steven85

Steven85 Member

I do have oriental vases which I believe are valuable (maybe £100-£500 range) but I don’t know much about those either. I will create a new thread and try not to ignore instructions on that one . Thank you to anyone that had a look anyway, Steven

KSW and i need help like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Steven, I would suggest you start a new thread for each piece (except the masks put together) give a few photos of each piece. The bottom is very important. Leave the first item here, which was I.D.’d. You delete photos by typing edit, More Options, delete each one, Save Changes.

KSW likes this.
  10. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Thank you I will sort this out

KSW and i need help like this.
  11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Take your time, it’s fine. :)

KSW likes this.
  12. DanaB

DanaB Active Member

This jug shown here is a toby jug. He is the King of Hearts Toby Jug. It's not a vase. It's about 6" tall if I remember correctly. There is also a Queen of Hearts Toby Jug. I don't know if you still have it at this point. Just thought you might like to know what it was.

Dana

BoudiccaJones and Any Jewelry like this.
  13. DanaB

DanaB Active Member

After finding a picture of the King & Queen plus the Jack & Joker of Hearts Toby Jugs, I was able to determine I misidentified this toby jug. This is actually the Jack of Hearts Toby Jug.

I'll attack pic for show.

Screenshot_20191216-014228_Etsy.jpg

Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. Any Jewelry

I hope you mean attach.:playful: That set is far to wonderful to be attacked. That Joker of Hearts jug is amazing.

15. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Don't worry Steven85, most of us have had to muddle through getting photos loaded to begin with.

16. DanaB

DanaB Active Member

Sorry just a mistyping. I didn't have to muddle thru putting up picture. I'm retired now but was in IT for 33 1/5 yrs. So there's not much I can't figure out quickly. I'm very detail oriented and very tech savvy. Lol! So I definitely ended up in the right field! And I always loved what I did! And as a woman I was one of elite group of women who worked in the exact field of IT that I worked in across the US. So when I went to conferences where people came from around the world. Most of the women I met didn't have my job. But when I would go to conferences with people of my same job, there might be me and one other woman.
    So I was definitely in a field that was dominated usually by men but I forged my own way. Now my job is dying out. But I loved every minute of it!

So I case your wondering what I did, I was a high level Mainframe System Programmer which means I installed hardware and software for IBM mainframes running z/OS operating systems.

The system that I worked on is being replaced by large servers onsite. And everything is changing platforms. But I can say that I was part of it and enjoyed it many years.

IBM is still creating new hardware but I think there are less people using them. More people have gone to using cloud servers.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  17. Any Jewelry

Wonderful Dana! You, and women like you, were role models for many young women.:)

DanaB likes this.
  18. DanaB

DanaB Active Member

Thank you, I was always helping anyone I could.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted