Featured Help with bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by gks68, Mar 15, 2023.

1. gks68

gks68 Active Member

Hi,I was wondering if anyone could help me dating and possibly identifying a maker for this bracelet.The only marks I can find are 'made in France'.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks photostudio_1678867777720.jpg photostudio_1678868004016.jpg photostudio_1678868108526.jpg photostudio_1678868191558.jpg photostudio_1678868263594.jpg

2. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

Not an expert but it looks earlier part of the 20th century to me.
    No idea about the maker, sorry.
    Nice bracelet!

3. gks68

gks68 Active Member

Thank you I thought it to be around that period also.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  4. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Nice bracelet! It looks kind of short; is it long enough for an adult wrist?

5. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

I know nothing, but it is so pretty I can't hardly stand it.

The big, dark navy blue center stones look like they have pitted popped bubbles on the back, so I'd speculate some type of plastic.

I'm getting out the popcorn and watching this thread to find out if anyone knows who made it.:joyful:

Bronwen, gks68, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  6. gks68

gks68 Active Member

Thank you,It is about 20.5cm long to the end of the clasp and about 3.5cm at the widest points.

7. gks68

gks68 Active Member

The big blue stones are glass.But unfortunately 1 has a chip on the back

LauraGarnet02 and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I know from wallowing in cameos that French makers do beautiful work in glass.

I was going to ask about the length too, because it is odd to have something that has to take on a roughly circular shape be composed of an even number of straight segments. I thought perhaps someone had shortened a 5 panel bracelet, but, even if you included the length of the clasp tongue in the overall length, at approx. 8 inches it is unusually large for a woman's bracelet, especially for a vintage piece. I think seeing 4 panels when it is laid out is what is making it look stubby when it is not.

@kyratango

9. gks68

gks68 Active Member

Thank you.
    Yes you are right about the 4 panels making it look stubby.I can't really find many 4 panel with that design.

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted