Help with Royal Copenhagen Blue Fluted Cup

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Hi, Folks-
    I'm wanting to sell this cup (the saucer is damaged) but don't know how to describe it. The maker is Royal Copenhagen and I believe it's in the blue fluted plain pattern. However, all the cups I see online have no interior decoration like this one. I'm wondering what the cups with interior decoration might be called and if this might be a rarity. We'll appreciated any information from those who may know. Thanks. DSCN7333.JPG DSCN7334.JPG DSCN7335.JPG DSCN7336.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I can't help you with the inside decoration but the design of the decoration is called straw flower.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same but Replacements calls it Blue Fluted Plain.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

It seems to have the mark for 1939 (small line above the L in ROYAL), but I'm not sure, as the markings are a bit small on the photo.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

6. Any Jewelry

I just checked, so does Royal Copenhagen.:confused:
    It was first made in Germany, and the Germans call it "Strohblumenmuster", which means straw flower pattern, so we are right too.;) But since this is Royal Copenhagen, Blue Fluted Plain it is.

Bakersgma and Marote like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Bakersgma and Marote like this.
  8. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Thanks for chiming in everybody!

Any Jewelry and Marote like this.
  9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

They made several styles of cup in this pattern. Scroll on the replacements site as Bakers suggested, and you will find it.

Draft saved Draft deleted