Hibid Auction - Christmas in July

Discussion in 'Sell' started by laura9797, Jul 25, 2023.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looks very professional to me. Unless the time is that important to you, I don't see a need to hire a professional photographer.

laura9797 likes this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Laura-Pics look good to me.Like that Teac Tape Deck & wish i had my old Marantz tuner !

laura9797 likes this.
  4. laura9797

Thank you so much for looking and for the words of encouragement!

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree. Very professional.

Debora

laura9797 likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I kept mine........it was a workhorse..

laura9797 likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks good to me!

laura9797 likes this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@laura9797 - I think your photos are just fine & also see no need to add another expense to your costs. :happy::happy:

Is this the first time you have used this format? How would you rate the company?
    Were you happy with the final results?

Given that eBay has decided that they are going to "reformat the site over the next 3 years to appeal to the Gen Z buyer" according to a report of what was communicated to the Wall Street crew recently by the CEO I may have to look into another platform to sell all of this stuff. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. laura9797

SO - decorative arts do not do as well but the 'collectibles' seem to do well. We still pretty good for a first time on there. The TEAC reel to reel sold for $810. The buyer actually came to house to 'preview' and educated my daughter and I on how to use it. The reels that sold separately all had big band music and then there were reels with Steely Dan, Dire Straights and the Doors. I could NOT believe the quality of the sound! Pretty incredible! Back to HiBid. It was pretty easy as it does the clerking and count down with soft close meaning bidders can't snipe - the clock resets 30 seconds after every bid. You will have to spend monthly money on AuctionFlex which is how you catalogue and upload an auction which will run about $160 a month. I am going to have to throw the rare Mammoet scale on eBay as the collectors are pretty much via eBay since it is an obsolete group. Feel free to message me with any other questions.

Figtree3, komokwa and bercrystal like this.
  10. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information!! :happy::happy::kiss:

I am going to keep plugging along on eBay for now just because I do not feel like doing the whole learning curve thing again but it is good to know there are options out there. :D

laura9797 and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted