Featured Holy yard sale Batman!

Discussion in 'Art' started by jeasta, Apr 16, 2024.

1. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

I pulled up at a random yard sale last weekend and saw that this lady was selling off loads of bronze, plaster and various metal sculptures for stupid good prices! I personally love bronze and was super excited. I took home the "Lady with Wheat" after August Moreau (which weighs 86 pounds and stands over 3 feet), the "Ballerine" After Pierre Le Faguays and "Diane" after Pierre Roche. (The tallest ballerina was already sold.) I also grabbed some ceramic pieces and this metal horse head sculpture which I believe is iron; it is strongly magnetic. I have been trying to research the artist, and I read the signature as Joe Lester but haven’t found anything about him. I was wondering if any of you might recognize him or his work. Either way I'm super psyched!

IMG_9144.jpg IMG_9145 2.jpg IMG_9146 2.jpg IMG_9147-2.jpg IMG_9272 4.jpg IMG_9277 2.jpg IMG_9283 2.jpg IMG_9280 2-2.jpg

2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Great finds!

Re: Joe Lester...All I can find is that he is/was a 20th century Navajo artist. HERE is something with the same signature purported to be circa 1997.

Marote, pearlsnblume, mirana and 2 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's a bouquet of flowers , they are around her feet too...

I like her......very nice !!!

pearlsnblume and wlwhittier like this.
  4. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Yeah but when I looked up the sculpture, it is titled "Lady with Wheat." And thanks I love the flowers and the verdigris!

pearlsnblume, wlwhittier and komokwa like this.
  5. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for finding this. I clearly need to optimize my search parameters, because I found nothing in my search.

pearlsnblume, wlwhittier and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

there's even the same flower in her hair........ but ok...wheat if you must...!!!;):happy::happy:

but I'm not eating any bread made with that wheat :p:p:yuck:

7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I put "joe lester" in quotes and added the word sculpture. That way the search engine (google, in my case) doesn't bring up everything with joe and/or lester, only "joe lester".

8. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Thank you! I did this exact search but I used DuckDuckGo. Next time I'll make sure to check with Google.

pearlsnblume and wlwhittier like this.
  9. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

OMG Jeasta, I’m so envious of “Lady with Wheat” that it hurts. Bad. I only hope that you will feel your better nature and send it to me. Heck, I’ve got the postage! I promise that I will love that bronze like my own. Because it will be….

Pm me for my address. Love ya!!

10. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Haha she is gorgeous, and I think I'm going to enjoy her for now. :smuggrin:

11. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Ok be like that . I’ve got something in my eye….its NOT a tear. NOT A TEAR….

jeasta and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted