INFO ON STERLING BRACELET w/LETTER R & A STAR MARK?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by journeymagazine, Dec 21, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me about this bracelet? It's marked 925 & has diamonds? (those aren't diamonds are they?) in the face.
    I don't think those are diamonds but since it's 925 + has a nicer clasp, I thought I'd ask you guys before trying to sell it
    Thanks!

JEWELRY R STAR BRACELET 1AAAZ.jpg JEWELRY R STAR BRACELET 3AAZ.jpg JEWELRY R STAR BRACELET 4AAZ.jpg JEWELRY R STAR BRACELET 6AAZ.jpg

KSW and judy like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

JMHO, they are most likely rhinestones. I don't see a jeweler putting large diamonds like that on a silver and leather bracelet. But the only way to be positive, if you really think they may be diamonds, is to have them tested.

KSW, judy, Christmasjoy and 1 other person like this.
  3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I doubt it too, but the bracelet is more higher end than reg costume jewelry (at least that I find!), so I wanted to ask - could they be Swarovski?

KSW, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The rhinestones may be, but that mark on the back is not Swarovski so I wouldn't call it that if listing it.

KSW, judy, Christmasjoy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Could be CZ,can't tell the size from the photo.The wholesale price for a 12x6mm marquis stone is 29cents.

KSW, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It's definitely worth doing some research into the makers stamp as that could make a difference to the value if you can ID it.

judy likes this.
  7. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Maybe it belonged to Ringo Starr ! :joyful::headphone::singing:

PortableTreasures, judy and KSW like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Very clever!

judy likes this.
  9. Kathryn E Marshall

Kathryn E Marshall New Member

Hi so i have thw same R with the star on a ring. Womdering what does it mean? Never said what it means in the conversation?

KSW likes this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted