Featured Inspired by Mr Nate

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Sdcookie2, May 16, 2024.

1. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Keeping it short and sweet. This popped up today. Seller was asking $200. What would you pick? Screenshot_20240516-103048~2.png

2. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

maybe the monogrammed thing on the far right, looks like a fancy mark

MrNate, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

If unknown silver content, probably none of it at that price. If sold as guaranteed sterling, it would be well worth the money.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

At $200 I'd hit the BACK button. The flatware all looks plated and those meat platters always are. I've never seen a real one and only seen one real silver vegetable dish in my life. That's not good odds. The small plate in the upper right looks good, and I'd at least have a look at the candlesticks. The monogrammed piece in the upper right would be worth a gamble if this was a $40 lot.

MrNate, johnnycb09 and wlwhittier like this.
  5. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Candlesticks, possibly creamer and under plate, the ladle, possibly other flatware, plate upper right, dish far right. It looks promising but it would have to be close enough for me to check out or I’d have to get some additional photos to lay out the $.

I have had a sterling vegetable dish with cover but missing the removable handle. Took a long time to sell it at a decent price. Like 3-5 years. It did sell though eventually. This one looks possible but too hard to say from photo. I’ve never had a silver tree of life or whatever that design is tray but I know they do exist. I’ve seen many personally and all plated.

MrNate likes this.
  6. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

Here was the end result.
    Candlesticks were weight but Shreve
    The fork and spoon .800
    3rd Photo all sterling, so for the 1st three photos I paid $140.
    The seller said wait I have more.... The last photo for $75 and included a 2003 Copper Zippo.
    They were happy, I was ecstatic.
    PXL_20240516_223759087_copy_907x1612.jpg PXL_20240516_223854932_copy_907x1612.jpg PXL_20240516_223817513_copy_907x1612.jpg PXL_20240516_223924005_copy_907x1612.jpg

Figtree3, kyratango, stracci and 5 others like this.
  7. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! Silver spot is crazy high this week. I think it’s over 1.00 per gram for the first time since I’ve been dabbling in it. You did well! When I first got in spot lingered around $0.50 and under per gram. I still don’t like paying over that amount for generic silver. It was so engrained in me to pay around that price or less. The candlesticks are particularly nice!!

MrNate, kyratango and verybrad like this.
  8. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Order of interest (I think I scrolled past reveal photos but I promise I didn’t look first):

the handled basket to the right.
    The red bag on the top right would be interesting.
    The candlesticks look very promising
    The flatware
    The creamer and small saucer below it I’m 50/50
    the plate to the right of the creamer tone is off but if it’s part of the group already it’s worth throwing in.

I’m definitely interested at $200 I may have asked for an additional photo or two before pulling the trigger.

Draft saved Draft deleted