Featured Intro

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Allison Clarke, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Allison Clarke

Allison Clarke New Member

Hi everyone! I have been a long time admirer and collector of antiques and anything vintage! I think my passion stems from my grandmother who always had the coolest antiques and collectibles. My friend and I recently had the opportunity to check out an old junk shop in our city, and found some really interesting stuff that we wanted to do some research on. So I thought joining this forum would help! Thanks for having me!

judy, KSW and daveydempsey like this.
  2. Allison Clarke

Allison Clarke New Member

This is one of the neat items I found in the junk shop. My friend who recently bought the shop had no idea what it was, and after some general google searching I haven’t really found anything. Anyone have any ideas on what it might be or around how old it is?

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry and KSW like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'm giggling. I see three items -- a 2018 book, a rock from somewhere on the geologic scale and what appears to be a Victorian-era brooch. Which are you interested in? (If it's the brooch, please post photographs of both the front and back on a plain background and close-up photographs of any marks you see.)

Debora

KSW, kyratango, patd8643 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Allison! We're glad to help, but more members would see your query in one of the category Forums, rather than in this Introduction section. It's hard to know which one to suggest from just that one picture.

judy, KSW, kyratango and 1 other person like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not from that phoyo........

kyratango likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@daveydempsey or @Bookahtoo
    Please move to jewelry.

Appears to be a rolled gold Victorian pin. But without better pictures I could be completely wrong.

Any Jewelry, judy, KSW and 2 others like this.
  7. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Moved to sparklies :hilarious:

Any Jewelry, KSW, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Isolated the pin a bit.....

X383F83C9D-85E5-403B-8257-E125ACAAC283-edit.jpeg

KSW likes this.
  9. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I don't seem to know what we are looking at.
    Is it a bracelet ?
    Or a bracelet embedded in a rock ?

reader, quirkygirl, judy and 2 others like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

lol, I thought it was just me that got the impression it was in the rock to begin with!

judy and daveydempsey like this.
  11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Allison!

Welcome to Antiquers..........

KSW likes this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome Allison.
    It is a 19th century brooch on top of a rock.;) The style looks to have Historic Revival influence, but there is a lot of glare.
    Allison, could you show us the back please? And another one of the front against a white background? That way there will be more light in the photo, and you won't have to use a flash, so no funny glare and one-dimensional look.

Draft saved Draft deleted