Is anyone familiar with this artist? (Landon)

Discussion in 'Art' started by apstory, May 4, 2022.

1. apstory

apstory New Member

IMG_2154.jpg thumbnail (3).jpg thumbnail (2).jpg thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  2. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Can you post a close-up of the certificate on the back?

3. apstory

apstory New Member

Sure...give me a moment ;)

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

"Hecho en México" and COA's usually signify that a painting has been commercially produced. Still, a close-up of the COA would be helpful.

Debora

5. apstory

apstory New Member

I'm trying to send the close up of the card on the back but it keeps telling me the file is too large...which I don't understand because I took it with my phone just like I took all the others.
    It says the artist is 'Landon". The medium is "Original Oil Painting". And it says "This original work of art is fully guaranteed to be as described above by _______ Greenbaum". It came from robert sills gallery, inc

6. apstory

apstory New Member

Well that took much longer than it should have, LOL! But there is the close up of the card on the back of the painting. IMG_2154.jpg

7. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Based on the gallery, the sort of paintings they sold, and the style of your painting, I think it's likely a decorative painting. These "factory art" paintings are quickly made, the artist name may not be the actual painter, and it could even have been painted by several people.
    The certificate is correct, in that it is an original oil painting.

Bakersgma and verybrad like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree. The Robert Sills Gallery was incorporated in 1973 so that's your earliest date.

Debora

Bakersgma and 916Bulldogs123 like this.
  9. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I actually had a painting from that same gallery. Different Signature from what I recall. Ended up selling at a yard sale for
    $40.
    It was a Goodwill store painting for about $3.00

Bakersgma likes this.
  10. apstory

apstory New Member

Based on the gallery, the sort of paintings they sold, and the style of your painting, I think it's likely a decorative painting. These "factory art" paintings are quickly made, the artist name may not be the actual painter, and it could even have been painted by several people.
    The certificate is correct, in that it is an original oil painting.
    Thank you so much...it's great to have access to knowledgeable people. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted