Lane end table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by chrisp, Mar 26, 2024.

1. chrisp

chrisp Member

So I've had this end table for close to a couple years now, it's marked lane on the bottom with the serial number and style number, but I've looked through just about every catalog I can find and have yet to see this particular style # anywhere. It's style 1051 05. If anyone has any idea I would be very grateful IMG_20240319_185614828.jpg IMG_20240319_185812772.jpg IMG_20240319_185713826.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Any chance you can provide a straight on side view photo?
    I'm getting kind of a medieval vibe.
    In case you're not aware, the serial number indicates manufacture in 1965.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    chrisp, Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks to be part of the Mediterranean (Spanish revival) furniture craze of the late 60s and 70s. There seem to be some people who appreciate this style but it is not particularly mainstream. This would not do well in my Midwest loaction. Would probably fly out the door in CA.

chrisp, bluumz and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I agree that this is not the type of vintage Lane piece that's generally collected/popular, and therefore value/sale price would be low in my Midwest US location, too. The color isn't very desirable, either.

komokwa and chrisp like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Not any more anyway. My parents' bedroom set is Spanish Revival, bought in 1969-ish.

6. LeaMax

LeaMax New Member

Looks nice.

7. LeaMax

LeaMax New Member

It sounds like you've got quite the mystery on your hands with that Lane end table! Not being able to find the style in any catalog must be a bit puzzling, especially when you've done so much digging. Have you considered reaching out directly to Lane or perhaps a furniture expert who specializes in vintage pieces? Sometimes they can offer clues or even direct answers that aren't easily found online. Also, checking out sites like birch lane might give you some context or comparisons, even if they don't have the exact match.

Draft saved Draft deleted